Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
30 psi is 30 psi not matter what it's in. That's why it's a standard of measure. Now, if your boys tricycle tire is the same volume as your top kick tire, it'll still be 30 psi once you transfer the air from one to another. Other than that, it's just a stupid question.

Not rocket science and not as difficult or confusing as youre attempting to make. It.

Actually it's not rocket science, that easy, we are talking race cars. You are missing the big point informed posters know. Psi is not a real measure when comparing engine and boost. Psi doesn't take into account the cfm going through the engine or air mass. My point with the tire comparison is simple volume. Two motors can both have 30psi manafold pressure and displace huge difference in volume. More air volume at equal density will equal more power reqairdless of psi. You should really try to educate yourself before acting a fool
And then when you get into turbo's you have another whole variable.....how much pressure (Ex side) is being used to drive it to produce X pounds of intake boost.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
30 psi is 30 psi not matter what it's in. That's why it's a standard of measure. Now, if your boys tricycle tire is the same volume as your top kick tire, it'll still be 30 psi once you transfer the air from one to another. Other than that, it's just a stupid question.

Not rocket science and not as difficult or confusing as youre attempting to make. It.
It’s not difficult and I somewhat confused as to why a few here can’t fathom what is explained.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
The bottom line here is pretty damn simple...

David Hance asked how much boost the Procharger combos are making...He DID NOT ask how much HP they are making, what volume they are putting through the engine, what RPM the engines were turning, or anything else...A simple question asking how much boost...

Now, it should be really easy to say what the boost number is on ANY Procharger combo that you have had experience with...

If you want to be technical in the answer, you can share some details surrounding the boost number...

If this is sacred information, and you feel that sharing it will alert the evil rules makers, then just skip right past the entire thread.
Boss, the head unit is limited to a mass airflow or CFM. When X amount of air is applied to a specific engine (572) and then to another (520) there will be different levels of boost measured in the intake. The head unit didn’t gain or lose max CFM , it just produced 2 different numbers. The boost levels are further skewed by cylinder head/ intake efficiency and compression ratio of the motor. The third factor is RPM range and max rpm of the motor. The final factor and maybe the most important are the timed valve events of the cam.
If you look at OP’s first post , the razz indicates he maybe shit stirring.

·
41,006 Posts
Boss, the head unit is limited to a mass airflow or CFM. When X amount of air is applied to a specific engine (572) and then to another (520) there will be different levels of boost measured in the intake. The head unit didn’t gain or lose max CFM , it just produced 2 different numbers. The boost levels are further skewed by cylinder head/ intake efficiency and compression ratio of the motor. The third factor is RPM range and max rpm of the motor. The final factor and maybe the most important are the timed valve events of the cam.
If you look at OP’s first post , the razz indicates he maybe shit stirring.
Boss, if you stop and think for a minute...Maybe David was stirring the shit, but maybe he asked a great question along the way...

NOBODY with any small clue about this shit, is expecting someone to give a one boost fits all number...Either people are choosing to be evasive with basic answers to his question, or they just feel the need to over complicate it...

Since he asked what a PRO MOD Procharged car is seeing for boost, it should be pretty easy for some of these guys to say "hey, my XXX cubic inch usually makes in the XXlbs of boost range when we make competitive runs".

See how utterly simple that is? I doubt that any of us are too concerned with what it makes on a small block, or a 1000 inch engine(unless one of the sanctioning bodys is going to allow a Procharger on a 1000ci engine), or on a screwed up combo that wont fall out of a tree...

There are a good handful of stout running Procharged Pro Mods, so a basic answer should be simple...

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
Stop with the facts . It doesn’t allow the sanctioning body to pick winners and losers.
I’d have to pull up the logs to be 100% correct but working off memory I believe it’s around 46-48 psi and 51-52 psi. It’s about a 4-6 psi difference from the worse air to the best air we have been in. Not to deflect too much but how about those 88mm XER turbos making 70psi plus and more boost than Gen 2 94mm? 😳 Somehow they get to weigh 50lbs less than we do and they out run us by 2-3 numbers out back and 12-15mph depending on weather. 🧐 But of course boost doesn’t matter just don’t tell turbos that.
Boss, if you stop and think for a minute...Maybe David was stirring the shit, but maybe he asked a great question along the way...

NOBODY with any small clue about this shit, is expecting someone to give a one boost fits all number...Either people are choosing to be evasive with basic answers to his question, or they just feel the need to over complicate it...

Since he asked what a PRO MOD Procharged car is seeing for boost, it should be pretty easy for some of these guys to say "hey, my XXX cubic inch usually makes in the XXlbs of boost range when we make competitive runs".

See how utterly simple that is? I doubt that any of us are too concerned with what it makes on a small block, or a 1000 inch engine(unless one of the sanctioning bodys is going to allow a Procharger on a 1000ci engine), or on a screwed up combo that wont fall out of a tree...

There are a good handful of stout running Procharged Pro Mods, so a basic answer should be simple...
:cool:

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
24,598 Posts

Holy Christ dude. You moderating this thread? Should all responses be PM'd to you for approval?

·
Registered
662 Posts
since some of the players are here, this didn't get much in the other spot-----

Who has knowledge of the durability of the current PM F3X-140?
Even though it's tons cheaper than a good roots, do you need 3-4 in the trailer or are they reliable enough to not worry about.
I talking at 1.40 like the new NHRA deal.
Curious also on what numbers they're turning them for PDRA.
The 136 in my experience saw regular issues with impellers over 1.30.

·
Confused Racer
39,662 Posts
since some of the players are here, this didn't get much in the other spot-----

Who has knowledge of the durability of the current PM F3X-140?
Even though it's tons cheaper than a good roots, do you need 3-4 in the trailer or are they reliable enough to not worry about.
I talking at 1.40 like the new NHRA deal.
Curious also on what numbers they're turning them for PDRA.
The 136 in my experience saw regular issues with impellers over 1.30.
"The 136 in my experience saw regular issues with impellers over 1.30."

with what engine rpm?

·
Registered
441 Posts
"The 136 in my experience saw regular issues with impellers over 1.30."

with what engine rpm?
I’m curious of this also as it’s usually the max impeller rpm that’s the issue. I have also noticed that if you have a lot of pedal runs where your hossing on the gas a bunch it seriously decreases the life of all the prochargers from the f1 series all the way up to the F3 stuff.

·
Registered
662 Posts
8100 at 1.42od, 64,000 or so.
At 1.30, never saw a problem as high as 83-8400, 61,000 max

I'm concerned about the fact that no one else can service these, meaning parts.
High profile customers are obviously getting more support than the average guy, procharger hasn't got the best reputation when it comes to customer service.
It would be nice if someone could manufacture replacement impellers, the rest is just bearings unless the gearset grenades, which doesn't seem to be a problem any more with the big blowers.

·
Registered
23,096 Posts
8100 at 1.42od, 64,000 or so.
At 1.30, never saw a problem as high as 83-8400, 61,000 max

I'm concerned about the fact that no one else can service these, meaning parts.
High profile customers are obviously getting more support than the average guy, procharger hasn't got the best reputation when it comes to customer service.
It would be nice if someone could manufacture replacement impellers, the rest is just bearings unless the gearset grenades, which doesn't seem to be a problem any more with the big blowers.
Im sure all the Pro Mod guys will be at the front of the line . And will need 3 or 4 in the trailer at all times ....LOL

Now the average guy will wait forever ........ not like it was ever very fast .

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,630 Posts
Politics at work. You know what I mean. ;)

So you guys are implying that the procharger guys set their own rules. And we all know that didn't happen.

So you should be asking why does whoever wrote the rules feel they need a weight break. How does someone else writing the rules translate to them feeling entitled to a weight break? Unless I'm missing something and the person or persons who wrote those rules runs a pro charged promod. :smt102

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
So you guys are implying that the procharger guys set their own rules. And we all know that didn't happen.

So you should be asking why does whoever wrote the rules feel they need a weight break. How does someone else writing the rules translate to them feeling entitled to a weight break? Unless I'm missing something and the person or persons who wrote those rules runs a pro charged promod. :smt102
When turbos don’t win or stay atop of the time slip logs then a rule change is forth coming.
Turbo cars must win or set records because it’s just cool.:cool:

·
Banned
9,322 Posts
This is 100% a guess but I'm throwing out a guess that Frigo, Hord, and Satterfield both switch from turbo to Prochargers next season.

There was a video of Frigos camaro with a procharger and I saw Hord's Vette on the dyno at XRE with a Procharger and Satterfield was announcing something huge pretty soon.

Anyone else have a guess as to who may switch up?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
This is 100% a guess but I'm throwing out a guess that Frigo, Hord, and Satterfield both switch from turbo to Prochargers next season.

There was a video of Frigos camaro with a procharger and I saw Hord's Vette on the dyno at XRE with a Procharger and Satterfield was announcing something huge pretty soon.

Anyone else have a guess as to who may switch up?
Clint Satterfield just announced on facebook that he's switching to prochargers.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts