1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,630 Posts
Google? :smt102

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,630 Posts
Honestly, I would assume the same as the turbo cars.

·
Registered
662 Posts
NHRA is going with 1.40 OD, should keep it close to the roots or maybe not.
I have limited runs but, have no problem making 36# on a 638" with 570cfm heads at 1.42od at under 8500.
Would imagine PDRA and others at who knows what OD can make high 40's-50-ish telling by the 205or so MPH 1/8 mile and I think 255-6 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have limited runs but, have no problem making 36# on a 638" with 570cfm heads at 1.42od at under 8500.
Would imagine PDRA and others at who knows what OD can make high 40's-50-ish telling by the 205or so MPH 1/8 mile and I think 255-6 1/4 mile.
Which unit, the 140?

·
Registered
23,096 Posts
So , low boost ? :p

·
Registered
22,704 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
"pounds of boost" is a useless number unless you are using controlled variables like the same engine. Two blowers could make the same pounds of boost but have big HP difference. The real measure is density.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
"pounds of boost" is a useless number unless you are using controlled variables like the same engine. Two blowers could make the same pounds of boost but have big HP difference. The real measure is density.
Stop with the facts . It doesn’t allow the sanctioning body to pick winners and losers.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Doesn't everyone who will be competitive basically run the the same 4.9 bore space noonan hemi though? Its not like comparing a small block vs a 52x hemi vs a 632 bbc. I think the question is valid. Based on performance so far everyone who comes out basically runs the same mph.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
This guy gets it. Boost changes with the weather and other variables.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's a pretty simple basic physics. How effectively can you burn a given amount of air and fuel. Pounds of fuel to pounds of air equal air fuel ratio. If a motor can only displace a given volume of air to make more horsepower by burning more fuel you have to increase the air density. Heavier air equals more pounds of fuel to burn. A POS roots running 50% over with a discharge of 450° making 30 pounds will not make what a intercooled turbo with a manafold temp of 150° at 30 pounds will for example. Even though they are both 30 pounds the roots is getting killed on the efficiency and air density.

·
41,006 Posts
Lets keep in mind that when they lower the boost limit on these applications, it DOES slow them down...

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
My question is why in the world with how the Pro Charger combos have progressed do they feel entitled to run with a weight break ???

1 - 20 of 71 Posts