Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any success with one of these? Nothing but problems so far from the lead time, tune sent with unit, car going into limp mode, bad module, wrong belt, now data cable is bad (pro charger wanted me to buy a new one). Nothing good to say. Hopefully once these issues are corrected my perception will change.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just curious whats the application?? and if its one of the cars in your sig, why not just run a tried and true D1SC setup or something?? or an F1a on a serp?? I haven't got my hands on one of those yet, delt with a few p1's, d1's, and a couple F series with great results and no issues. (other than a brigde upgrade on an F2)

Just curious, that's all.

chris

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's on the 13 Mustang. Picked the I1 for the ability to change the tune on the move 3 different settings. Most frustrating part is Pro Chargers slow response time to remedy these issues. At one point they mentioned take the whole unit off and ship it back so they can test it, the issue with the module, we asked them to just ship us a new one to prevent delays and they didn't have any ready to ship and no eta. So it appears that they are still getting feedback from buyers to get this unit right. I would have been more than willing to participate in the product review but they didn't offer anything up for me to do this. Live and learn the latest and greatest is not always the greatest.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an i1 on my 2012 Mustang GT . I don't have a lot of time with it, but I haven't had any problems with the blower. I like the fact you can lower the boost to cruise around or bring the boost in real fast with the touch pad

Mike

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like we got the bugs worked out so far. Put some miles on it and all good. Still need to get some passes on it to give some better feedback. Thanks to Justins Performance for spending allot of extra time on this to no fault of his own. He made my car a priority of his own and was committed to get things 100%.
More updates to come.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a piece.... Under hard acceleration continues to go into safe mode. Thinking procharger may need to reconsider the tune they send with these units. Would highly recommend not making the I1 your first choice for power adder

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Our experience with the i-1 on a new Camaro was pretty outstanding. Everyone will have their own experiences, but we installed it in our shop as part of producing a video for ProCharger. Didn't have any issues and it ran great. That being said - it's a different kit.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was able to get some passes in this past weekend and the car ran well with no issues going into safe mode. Also wanted to update that ProCharger had reached out to the dealer Justin's Performance Center to let him know that they want to do all they can to ensure this unit performs to its expectations. I have to say it was a great feeling to get a call from Justin to again let me know that he is committed to ensuring that I am completely satisfied and to let him know if I have any concerns he will work to address quickly. Want to say Justins Performance Center in Millersville Maryland is top notch and is goes above and beyond to ensure his customers are satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts