Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use one with a similar setup? Chasing a problem where it won’t build boost on the brake but will cruising no problem.
Gen 4 sbe btr stage 2 turbo cam, twin bullseye billet 78mms, each turbo has its own a2w Intercooler. 2 38mm waste gates with co2 .
wont build more than 2lbs on the brake even when we set it at 4k rpm with the gates blocked off.
is therea way to know if the bov is properly adjusted? Bought it used, worked fine with the dart ls427 motor but that blew so changed motors.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Need more information. Gen4 what? What size turbines? What converter? Whats the fuel and timing maps look like? Have you checked to make sure that the blow off valve is staying shut? Have you done a boost leak check?
Those have been run successfully on turbo setups. I’ve never ran one but I think you adjust tension on them with the screw on top.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I'm assuming its a 5.3L or similar?? It takes a different boost builder strategy on small cuin combos and converter selection has to be spot on to get the most from the combo.

Reactions: Dave Owens
1 - 5 of 5 Posts