Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This all carbon Fiber Mystic 50ft power boat just won their first Regatta the entered with it. They won their class and the overall.
Don Webster and Jason Laing took a-lot of flax for having a " drag race" engine builder do there engines and then to top it all off they went Pro-Charged Told constantly it just wont work. I think they just proved them wrong :)
Since this video I also converted them to coil on plug, I have been down there twice working with them on the tune and install. I am pretty darn happy with the outcome. Later we will also be shooting for the 'piston engine' speed record of over 220MPH
We will be building new engines for them over the winter to replace these utilizing my billet intakes and slightly different cubic engine package.

Check out the video here of the engine build and conversion.
http://www.stevemorrisengines.com/dyno-videos/14-71-roots-to-procharger

The next race up for these guys is "The Great Race"

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Pretty awesome Steve! Are you going to get rid of the first intercooler when you put the billet intake on? Are you running any kind of water injection?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Very impressive! A drag race builder in the ego driven boat world, I love it! Excellent job from you and your crew. You are a bad mo fo!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Amazing stuff there !!

but lose that irritating music on the video over the talking etc.

Im with you, it would seem to me that the guys with all the money to do these kinds of boats would be older guys and dispise the stupid head banging music. It just ruins the video. Whats the purpose, we are not 16 yr olds here. Damn, please stop the music in the videos.

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
pretty cool, good job-I guess I am the village idiot, I just turned 68 and dig the music, lol

·
Registered
14,469 Posts
awesome power.

both motors made similar power I take it?

·
Registered
363 Posts
We have been waiting to see this happen for years. :) Thanks for the great video, and obviously great engine/combo! Now just make sure to bring it to the LOTO shootout, and show them what piston power can do. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts