Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had to swap from the pbr 29.5x10.5 to the Hoosier 29.5x10.5 CO7 due to no new pbr 's in Australia .
I have retained the same shock settings , and found the Hoosier likes more psi . Gone from 19 1/4 (pbr) to 24psi , stopped improving @ 24
The issue I have is the Hoosier is simply slower in the sixty , gone from 1.42/43 to now 1.45/46 . Similar type of mph , high 128 low 129s but et is slower .
Has anyone else had this ?
I am thinking of trying a stiffer extension in case I am hitting the Hoosier too hard and hence slowing sixty ? Tyre does have a little more wrap .
Car has run high 10.20s mostly was low mid 10.30s , now struggle to get into 10.30s . I know da/weather is a little off as we head into summer but .
Transbrake @ 4200 , 4.1 gear .3780lbs .Stall @ 6000 , QA! singles front Viking dbl rear .Caltracs .
Bracket racing , daily driver .
any thoughts ?

Tex

·
Registered
974 Posts
It does appear the sidewall on the Hoosier is less stiff. Im guessing this is whats causing the slower 60' . The hoosier may require a shock and or a bar change to reach its full potential for 60'/hook. I found this on youtube.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks lazaris . that picture alone about sums up what I can see as difference . T&T on 11 Jan , wait and see

Tex

·
I kill parts
9,788 Posts
I've been researching both and it seems the common theme is the Hoosier BR is a bit closer to the characteristics of a slick while the M/T BR is more like a full radial, as far as chassis set-up and what they prefer in track prep.

We're looking at changing from a 33x10.5W to a 32x13.5 or 14(pending which brand we go with). Currently 1.0x 60fts and mid 4's 1/8 at 2800#

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JP , thanks for that . These Hoosiers are indeed softer , like their 275s I used to run . Though they are the stock/super stock type radial not bracket drag radials .
Well no testing last weekend , T&T cancelled . F ing great a week out from a National event . I did want to try tighter extension .
I guess I will qualify Friday on last years set up , only 3 qualifiers

Tex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts