Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
235 pro action heads they told me they flow 330 280 that doesnt sound write to me but are they any good

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,758 Posts
No way they flow that without some work.

Mine flow 318/224 no pipe on exhaust @.700

Make about 600hp on a pumpgas 383.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Prior to the RHS buyout, they were definitely an impressive piece. Worked over they can flow some impressive numbers. But, I don't think 280 on the exhaust is right. I know mine were 363 on the intake side at .700 lift and 261 on the exhaust side respectively. Even at that, one exhaust port had to be repaired because it got into the water jacket, so 280 seems to really be pushing it.

And as others have said, the spark plug angle sucks on them. More than likely, you will have to grind away part of the header flange above the plug.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Prior to the RHS buyout, they were definitely an impressive piece. Worked over they can flow some impressive numbers. But, I don't think 280 on the exhaust is right. I know mine were 363 on the intake side at .700 lift and 261 on the exhaust side respectively. Even at that, one exhaust port had to be repaired because it got into the water jacket, so 280 seems to really be pushing it.

And as others have said, the spark plug angle sucks on them. More than likely, you will have to grind away part of the header flange above the plug.

Prior to the RHS buyout they were a good peice????? that statement is incorrect. Before RHS acquired Pro Topline, the PTL quality control left alot to be desired, they shipped any "finished" product out the door. Also, the valve seats always cracked between valves. Since RHS bought them, they have changed the tolerances on locations, seat installation specs. The spark plug location is 100% same as PTL. The angle plug heads fit very well with a header designed for an angle plug. The straight plug has some issues fitted some of the more inexpensive "universal" headers. The problem is that the tip with the plug wire is close to the header tube. All in all it is a good as cast cylinder head. I use a bunch of them. Later JW

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Prior to the RHS buyout they were a good peice????? that statement is incorrect. Before RHS acquired Pro Topline, the PTL quality control left alot to be desired, they shipped any "finished" product out the door. Also, the valve seats always cracked between valves. Since RHS bought them, they have changed the tolerances on locations, seat installation specs. The spark plug location is 100% same as PTL. The angle plug heads fit very well with a header designed for an angle plug. The straight plug has some issues fitted some of the more inexpensive "universal" headers. The problem is that the tip with the plug wire is close to the header tube. All in all it is a good as cast cylinder head. I use a bunch of them. Later JW

I guess my wording should have read, they made good horsepower before the buyout and I haven't seen any since the buyout. I didn't mean the casting was better prior, which it sounded like.

As far as the valve seat area, I've had mine on my car for 3 years and prior to that they were on a couple other cars. No cracks here, possibly they were replaced before I ever acquired them though.

The problem with the spark plugs isn't the plug at all, you can't get a spark plug sucket down on the plug without grinding the header flange, unless you have a flange that is notched for it. Even on a high dollar set of headers. And because the plug actually sits down in a machined out area, you can't put a wrench on it. Clearing the tube isn't where I run into trouble on mine.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,553 Posts
if rhs would make the 245cc an old 14 degree heads they would be right there..i wish they did make them
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts