Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Cheapskate 1ST Class
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys paying for prime New York Strip steak?

MD it is 16.89 LB cut 10.89 if you buy the whole strip. :drinkers:

·
Registered
362 Posts
We just had it on sale for 9.97 here at my market in Austin HEB

14.49 for b/l ribeye
22.99 tenderloin
5.97 sirloin
14.97 Bone-in ribeye

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
What are you guys paying for prime New York Strip steak?

MD it is 16.89 LB cut 10.89 if you buy the whole strip. :drinkers:

Where in MD? I go to a place in Hagerstown for my "good stuff".

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
The place I go to is @ 12.99 lb. for the good stuff cut. It gets cheaper if you buy the side etc and they cut it up the way you want.

They have a deal right now that goes a little something like this-

1 lb John Martin BACON
4 Lb. Ground Beef
3 lb. Center Chops
2 Lb. Delmonico Steak
4 lb. Country Style Ribs
7 lb. Chickens (2)
5 lb. Chuck Roast
2 lb. Chicken Legs
28 lb total @ $3.29/lb. Aprox $92.00 total price

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The place I go to is @ 12.99 lb. for the good stuff cut. It gets cheaper if you buy the side etc and they cut it up the way you want.

They have a deal right now that goes a little something like this-

1 lb John Martin BACON
4 Lb. Ground Beef
3 lb. Center Chops
2 Lb. Delmonico Steak
4 lb. Country Style Ribs
7 lb. Chickens (2)
5 lb. Chuck Roast
2 lb. Chicken Legs
28 lb total @ $3.29/lb. Aprox $92.00 total price
damn, do they ship? :smt103

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
i get it from the farmers here in northern michigan. you have to buy a min of 50# of meat but i get prime for 5.50-5.75. i can buy a half prime steer for 2.99# i have a belted calloway steer on order for the whole steer cut and vacuum packaged for 2.59# that is about the best meat i have had. i was going to order a 50/50 angus/wagyu which is u.s.a kobe beef..thats 9.85# for a half steer..

·
Registered
680 Posts
i by from wholesale place here in nashville tn .paying 8.79 as of todays price.thats buying whole strip,thats the only way they sell stuff.like i been buying this thick bacon for 2 dollors a pound but you have to buy a 30 lb box.

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
I dont have the room, but I have a buddy that buys 1/2 cows at an auction over on the west side of MI

Says he can get good deals there, it is all butchered and packaged for him.

I make my own bacon so thats not a problem here, and prime boneless ribeye roast is about $16/pound last I checked

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
i by from wholesale place here in nashville tn .paying 8.79 as of todays price.thats buying whole strip,thats the only way they sell stuff.like i been buying this thick bacon for 2 dollors a pound but you have to buy a 30 lb box.
thats what i do and freeze a lot of it.
6.09 a lb for rib eye (how you make philly cheese steaks) @ 12lbs per

9.21 per lb for strip if i didnt buy it bulk
6/41 per lb for more than 10lbs

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
thats what i do and freeze a lot of it.
6.09 a lb for rib eye (how you make philly cheese steaks) @ 12lbs per

9.21 per lb for strip if i didnt buy it bulk
6/41 per lb for more than 10lbs
I bought a small ribeye roast just for that a couple weeks ago, damn near had to freeze it solid to be able to use the meat slicer on it

·
Registered
279 Posts
Cattle numbers are at their lowest since the 50's. And with the drought in texas, come this spring the number of steers will be even lower causing the price to be sky high
Posted via Mobile Device

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I've caught it on sale as cheap as $6.99/# normal price is about $8.99. I dont usually buy NY strip tho only for when I'm cooking dinner for someone. I eat steak everyday so it'd get pricey real quick. I buy in pretty big bulk amounts usually pay around $2.50/lb for London Broil.

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
At Publix or Winn Dixie T bone or Porterhouse is usually $12.99 ,,sometime on sale @ $8.99p/lb

There is a Cuban Market/Deli near by that sells Porterhouse @ $6.99 everyday and they will cut it as thick as you want.

Publix had ground beef @ $3.99 p/lb ,,,I about SHIT!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just for your info ,I live in Iowa,the ethanol plants use an incredible amount of Corn every day. The corn prices two years ago were $3.50 .Last year it was in the high $7 range. This year ,because of the flooding and loss of acres it will probably be higher. Now the point is ,feeding $3.50 corn a cattle producer can make some money, He can not at $7.So more and more are cutting back or getting out of the business. Look for the production of beef ,and to some extent pork, to decline dramaticly in the future.Grass fed cattle gain weight very slowly and are not the finest meat without a lot of grain added. It's going to get worse folks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts