Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for MSD 7AL2,Prices are almost the same as Summits new ($495)...Changed my mind,now I want a 7AL3 or MSD Digital 7 used...Can't find one?? What should used MSD Stuff sell for?? I would thing 50% off?? OLDHEAD

·
Registered
623 Posts
You would think half off or so would be reasonable but no, people think there used stuff should bring the money of new stuff. Have you seen the prices people ask for their cars? Im on the hunt for a car, and nearly every one I look at is a no phucking way am I paying that kind of money. Not sure wtf is wrong with some people.

·
Registered
20,096 Posts
You would think half off or so would be reasonable but no, people think there used stuff should bring the money of new stuff. Have you seen the prices people ask for their cars? Im on the hunt for a car, and nearly every one I look at is a no phucking way am I paying that kind of money. Not sure wtf is wrong with some people.
Some people think there shits gold...

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I think 50=60% of new when buying or selling used stuff.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
buy the digita7l. the 7al3 have had issues, just sent mine in for repairs.

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
i got a 7al3 here,, 400 dollars. works great.. have had it for years.
every chip you want with a coil and a couple control boxes with it..
i went to digital when i started running 4 systems..

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was looking for MSD 7AL2,Prices are almost the same as Summits new ($495)...Changed my mind,now I want a 7AL3 or MSD Digital 7 used...Can't find one?? What should used MSD Stuff sell for?? I would thing 50% off?? OLDHEAD
I have an old 7AL2 that I had in one of my old cars that I will sell. I can send you pictures of you want. I also have a newer but still used 8973. Text me for pictures.
864-928-9299. Shawn

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a problem,There are many fake MSD parts out there....I think I must buy new from a honest company like JEGS or SUMMIT.....DO YOU THINK I AM RIGHT? ALSO I JUST FOUND OUT THAT SINCE 2013 THE 7s ARE HIGHER POWERED......Thank you for your replys..........Oldhead

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
I have a problem,There are many fake MSD parts out there....I think I must buy new from a honest company like JEGS or SUMMIT.....DO YOU THINK I AM RIGHT? ALSO I JUST FOUND OUT THAT SINCE 2013 THE 7s ARE HIGHER POWERED......Thank you for your replys..........Oldhead
I really don't know of anyone that's had fake stuff..

Buying used depends on who your dealing with.
A guy with nice stuff and publicly known has been my best experiences.
I bought both my digital 7's used and are flawless. But from a good member here and in my area who has real nice equipment.

I did not notice a difference between the digital 7 from my 7al3
Plugs and tune seemed to stay the same on my 632.
Did not run the 7al3 on big engine. Already had Switched to digital 7 cause I needed the timing curves and ict options on it..

I would be curious about the higher power?
And with your combo do you have to have all this new power?
My stuff seemed to get with the program with the lower power stuff.. Just food for thought.

I will tell you this if you buy used,,,make a deal. If it works you keep it.
If it doesn't you send it back. ( as long as you don't fry it hooking it up)
And get a full refund..
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GREG: I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST (IN CAPS) OLDHEAD:):):):)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts