Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLEEEE SHEEEIT!!!! Took a bunch of aluminum and copper, like a trailer full. Got 36 bucks. Uhhhhhh, guess china has not been buying much. Sumbullshit!!!!

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,468 Posts
i have been curious myself, last time i scrapped was last october i think i got 4.50 per hundred for light scrap...... i got probably 5k lbs around my shop i need to get rid of but no time... and if its low im in no hurry

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
HOLEEEE SHEEEIT!!!! is fucking right. Just $36 for a trailer load of aluminum and copper. I'm thinking you got screwed

HOLEEEE SHEEEIT!!!! Took a bunch of aluminum and copper, like a trailer full. Got 36 bucks. Uhhhhhh, guess china has not been buying much. Sumbullshit!!!!
http://www.cmcrecyclingjax.com/current-pricing/

No. 1 Copper$2.17No. 2 Copper$1.97LT CopperCall for PriceInsulated CU Wire #1Call for PriceInsulated CU Wire #2Call for PriceRed Brass$1.47Yellow Brass$1.37Brass Radiators$1.32Irony Brass Radiators$0.47Aluminum Cans$0.40Sheet Aluminum$0.28Cast Aluminum$0.28PTD Aluminum Siding$0.34Aluminum Clips (MLC)$0.366061 Alum (no plate/sheet)$0.396063 Aluminum$0.49Chrome Plated Aluminum Wheels$0.28Clean Aluminum Wheels$0.49Irony AluminumCall for PriceAluminum / Copper Reefers$0.87Alum / Copper Reefers (W/FE)$0.52Aluminum Coolers$0.26304 Stainless Steel$0.26316 Stainless SteelCall for Price

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
No disrespect but is this still a thing? I thought all the hype was over years ago. Just askin.
Zim

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,891 Posts
$36 dollars is about right. I stole my neighbors Ford F150 and only got $38 dollars for scrap aluminum.

·
Registered
24,008 Posts
NOW you can see WHY our effort to recycle is failing...

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gotta find a new place. Found out they are a middle man and only pay half, ive been going there for years as they sell metal too, but fuck that, even new steel is overpriced and found out tgey buy from another place local, mark it up and make a buck. Big place too. Ill just drive a little further and make some money.

Only reason i do it, its better than throwing it away. Its all “dirty” metal, some mixed copper/brass and some plastic. Aluminum is usually pretty clean but depends on who i get. Some guys bitch if there is even some paint on it, i roll my eyes.

·
Registered
20,628 Posts
Scrap yards nation wide are holding their scrap to create a shortage so they can sell off at top dollar when demand is up. Brought 1300 of alum lathe chips and got $0.18/lb I'm sitting on all my brass and copper turnings not gonna play the game

·
WHAT NOW ?
16,443 Posts
$145 a ton here in Chicago..... Isn't that bad.:smt102

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I remember when it was around $275 a ton.... I junked a few truck transmissions and rear ends that I got for nothing and went on vacation for a few days with the wife. ....I miss those days

·
Registered
446 Posts
Its the same with plastics/recycling too...our townships in nj used to break even selling recyclables. Now we have to pay to get rid of it. Its cheaper and easier to just incinerate it ir dispose of it in landfills.

·
WHAT NOW ?
16,443 Posts
I remember when it was around $275 a ton.... I junked a few truck transmissions and rear ends that I got for nothing and went on vacation for a few days with the wife. ....I miss those days
in recent years it's been in a range on 120 to 170 .... remember during one of the recessions I was scrapping to keep my dump truck business alive , I was busting my ass doing boiler demolitions and only geting $60 a ton.

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,146 Posts
Got a scrapper that comes around once a month, I have about 125 lbs for him of clean steel. Not worth my time to haul it to the yard, but for him to gather up a whole truck load, it is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts