1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
This Space For Lease
2,304 Posts
PRI

·
Registered
499 Posts
Anyone been to both have an opinion on which one is better? I thought PRI was bigger/more booths when it was in Indy. Orlando's way more fun, but I was mildly disappointed by the vendor turnout.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Last year we displayed at both and I was VERY VERY disappointed in IMIS. That place was ghost town. We got more leads on Thursday before lunch at PRI than we did all Week at IMIS! That is no exaggeration either. The thing with IMIS is if you were to go out 250 miles from downtown indy and draw a circle that is where 95% of the Attendees were from. We were very dissapointed in that show.

Last year PRI was better than the last 3 years combined for us. Yes there were fewer vendors but that is because the economy is tough right now. There are a lot of small companies that cant afford to drop $10,000 plus dollars to display at the show. I thought that the vendors who were there were quality companies with good products. As for going back to Indy I hope that never happens! The Marshaling yard and dealing with all the Union buillshit in indy is just plain a fucking nightmare! I hate doing any show at INDY. That place sucks balls for a Manufacturer trying to display! PLUS in Indy last year it was in the high 20's in the day and Single digits at night! Four Days later we are in Orlnado and its cold for there, A mind numbing 55! If PRI ever goes back to Indy I will not! I may get fired for refusing to go and work it!

·
Registered
320 Posts
IMIS ! I think they are doing fine considering they haven't been doing this for just a few yrs. Plus it's nice when it's 40 min from home. PRI needs to move back the Midwest some place just to many business's that can't afford to set up in FL.

·
Registered
538 Posts
IMIS, would like to go to PRI. Just can't swing it this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts