Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to find a cap to fit the inlet side of my turbo, what have you guys used? I'm pretty sure I've got a leak somewhere and can't track it down.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Go to a plumbing supply store, Home Depot, etc. and get some plastic pvc stuff in the sizes you need. Usually can buy a rubber Fernco adapter to clamp on the turbo inlet and pvc to adapt smaller or cap it off, then drill for a air inlet or compressed air fitting. USE A REGULATOR, or it will blow apart in your face. Usually 10 psi is plenty to locate a leak.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the O.D. of the inlet?
It's v-banded with a 5" pipe passing into the fender well.

Go to a plumbing supply store, Home Depot, etc. and get some plastic pvc stuff in the sizes you need. Usually can buy a rubber Fernco adapter to clamp on the turbo inlet and pvc to adapt smaller or cap it off, then drill for a air inlet or compressed air fitting. USE A REGULATOR, or it will blow apart in your face. Usually 10 psi is plenty to locate a leak.
I've checked the local places and haven't seen anything in 5", 4" is the largest I've seen. A thought I had today, was to get a piece of aluminum the same thickness as the one half of the v-band assembly and just make a block of plate and clamp it down.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
lol.... duct tape on the inlet! I just did this last weekend. Not the best of course but it worked well enough to find my leak

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol.... duct tape on the inlet! I just did this last weekend. Not the best of course but it worked well enough to find my leak
No shit, apparently I'm over thinking it. Good stuff!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts