Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin will shoot my centerlines any color I want and masked off how I want them to be as well. He is going to use an automotive acrylic single stage paint.

My question is, how should I prep the polished surfaces that will be getting painted ready for the paint? Also, do I need to lay a primer first, or can I just spray on top? The color will either be satin or gloss black.

Thanks!

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
ajax and a red scuff pad with some water....normally i'd say a coat of 2k primer and go from there....but, I've done a couple sets with some of that fusion (or whatever its called ) spray paint as the base , then a coat of basecoat , then a coat of clear. worked slick and knock on wood, has held up for years....

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ajax powder stuff you mean? If I have to prime it, I will use the real stuff. but would rather not do it at all if it doesn' t need it

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
yeah ...the powder cleanser....cleans and scuffs in one step. the fusion stuff works good, or atleast it has for me. painting rear wheels are always a pain...and the less materials you can put on the wheel the smoother and slicker the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts