Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sprayed the silver base coat and clear on the hood fenders and doors on my TA. Mosly on the hood I am seeing smudges remain after wiping with planel wipe....

Green Publication Tin Font Wood

What is your opinion. Is this just different reflection from the surface? Is this cause for concern?

Some pics

Rectangle Beige Tints and shades Wood Flooring

Automotive tire Grey Aircraft Wood Sky

Grey Wood Tints and shades Flooring Pattern

Thanks
JT

·
Super Moderator
1968 Camaro Z28, 1933 Chevy Coupe, 2004 Silverado Z71, 1946 Chevy PU, 2000 Custom Harley Davidson
51,962 Posts
Are you sure you're not seeing blotches beneath the clear. Mottling in the silver base coat? If you are, that's not good.

If it truly does not show when the solvent is evenly wet over the sanded surface, then that's how it should look once it's re-cleared.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure you're not seeing blotches beneath the clear. Mottling in the silver base coat? If you are, that's not good.

If it truly does not show when the solvent is evenly wet over the sanded surface, then that's how it should look once it's re-cleared.
Frank, thanks for the reply.

There is just a hint of some mottling on the PS door, but you have to be standing at the hinge to see it...move nearer or farther it disappears. It is propably finish and noticeable due to a diffaerence on sanding direction kr a slight difference in smoothness.

Its mostly the hood I see it and I believe it us as clean as it needs to be.

Gonna go for it tomorrow

JT

·
Super Moderator
1968 Camaro Z28, 1933 Chevy Coupe, 2004 Silverado Z71, 1946 Chevy PU, 2000 Custom Harley Davidson
51,962 Posts
Yes..always use fresh masking paper and tape.

·
Super Moderator
51,962 Posts
That should be fine, just remember to use two different cloths all the time. Apply a wet amount with one cloth and dry it off with the second dry clean one. And keep switching off when that drying one gets too wet. The idea is to float the contaminant off the surface with that solvent by applying it wet with the first Rag and then wiping it off with the second rag. Do not let it dry by itself and evaporate because solvent laying on the surface is just as bad as the other contaminants you are trying to clean off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts