Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to immokalee this weekend for "runday sunday"... going over my regular prerace checklist. i've noticed a few differing opinions on how the flowing fuel pressure should be checked, and i'm curious: is there an overwhelming preferred method for this, other than flowing with the actual jet to be used? i keep reading about setting the flowing pressure at some preferred pressure using a particular orifice, regardless of HP level. can someone please explain the benefit of this practice, and how this would not affect final system pressure when used with a larger/smaller fuel orifice? thanks. Duke

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Hey Teach............

Which car were you driving? I was there.........

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a yellow-ish 68 mustang fastback thats been nick-named the bruised banana due to the grey and brown primer and rust spots. its my regular driver, that runs 7.20s at 95.5ish. 302 stick, street tires pump gas. come see me in the pits, mention the forum, as i'm not real chatty about the car otherwise (old street racer in me i guess...lol) Duke

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I'll be in this sonoma..........

Pump gas ZZ4 on spray.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aaaaah...i remember seeing you saturday evening. quick truck, sounds awesome for a chebbie :) maybe i'll see you sunday? how come your pic isn't on the wall at hotshots? Duke

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
It's not up because I am usually the one taking the pictures! Have you been to my site?

www.freewebs.com/outlawdragradial

Tons of pics and info from all the Stock Suspension Shootouts at Immokalee.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck, I'll be there Sunday trying to get a race with a white regal.
:-D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet, i'll see you there then...will you have your photo equipment? Charlie's been asking for a photo to put up on the wall, maybe we can work something out. Duke

·
Registered
424 Posts
Flowing through the Holley jet never made sense to me either. I flow with my overall orrifice size.

Fuel jet Diam. X Fuel jet Diam. X Number of fuel jets in kit = (y)
Sq. Root of (y) = Flow jet diameter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts