Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have tips on running a predator carb as a blow thru.
Nothing crazy power. Ford I6 300 single turbo. More show than go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No tips but would be interested in your 300 turbo build, build thread?
Nah, No thread. Its my dads actually. Nothing crazy. 49 f100 truck. TCI mustang II front, TCI rear 4 bar with coil overs. One piece glass front end and 3" wider glass rear fenders. The 300 is just a cammed, dual plane intake. He has a predator and wants to use. It does look pretty slick on top of it 300, but we also wanted to do a single turbo on the other side of the motor to balance it out and also bc you dont see this combo much. Should be a torquey SOB!

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw one done in a mag., but no info on it.
I see a lot in NA and draw thru but not much as a blow thru. Looks like ppl are afraid the metering doors will blow open with boost. But i dont see why as the pressure would be balanced on both sides. IDK. Thats why im lookign for help lol.
It also looks like it uses a metering rod for the fuel much like an edlebrock?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nah, No thread. Its my dads actually. Nothing crazy. 49 f100 truck. TCI mustang II front, TCI rear 4 bar with coil overs. One piece glass front end and 3" wider glass rear fenders. The 300 is just a cammed, dual plane intake. He has a predator and wants to use. It does look pretty slick on top of it 300, but we also wanted to do a single turbo on the other side of the motor to balance it out and also bc you dont see this combo much. Should be a torquey SOB!
A 49, that’s really sweet.
There are a few old builds on the ford six website but not much and those old draw through kits are kinda lame. I am interested in an efi turbo six build, would like to do one sometime.
They have to make a great truck engine with a turbo. Most guys on TTF use Holley for blow through,
maybe that is a better option. Either way I am sure it will put a smile on your fathers face when done!

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 49, that’s really sweet.
There are a few old builds on the ford six website but not much and those old draw through kits are kinda lame. I am interested in an efi turbo six build, would like to do one sometime.
They have to make a great truck engine with a turbo. Most guys on TTF use Holley for blow through,
maybe that is a better option. Either way I am sure it will put a smile on your fathers face when done!
I wanted to switch to efi but he wants bare bones electronics lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts