Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using them on big HP twins? How are they compared to the Tial 60mm? Any bad things?????
thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
They were just released!! Literally no one has had a chance to even have a turbo kit fabricated around them so I don't know what all these conspiracy theories are all about.

I've never written a review before but since I have both gates sitting here I might as well put some of this conspiracy theory crap to rest. This will probably be my first and last!

In my personal opinion the Precision Turbo 66mm wastegate is a much better wastegate and here is why:

The first thing I noticed when I unboxed both pieces is that the PT gate is much bigger. It includes multiple springs, has a nut to adjust the spring pressure (something the TiAl doesn't have whatsoever). Secondly there are multiple ports on the top and bottom of the gate in easy to access areas. The top half of the gate is a v-band style (TiAL uses allen head bolts).

Secondly, I don't know why they are called a 60mm and 66mm wastegate but I measured the inlet v-band diameters and they are both smaller than their actual labels.

Tial measured:

Precision Turbo was visibly much bigger and of course measured a lot bigger:

x3 alot of them for sale...it makes ya wonder

·
Registered
861 Posts
Also I forgot to add that the PT gate has a dowel pin to locate the v-bands in a certain clock position. That way you can replace them every time in the same spot and not have to worry about how the v-band is being clocked. You can of course remove the dowel if you wanted...

The TiAl v-band clamps do look a lot nicer, the PT uses standard clampco clamps while the TiAl has a nice looking billet clamp.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for input so far guys,
Big purple, please let us know what you come up with in 2 weeks, we all want to know.
Rodrigues, I see all your points and agree but..........I want the real world scenario, Do they work as well as well or better than the Tial?
AND, your black dog is obviously partial to the Precision so I will take that into account, LOL.
I know they havnt been out long, but I thought someone might have been doing a little behind the scene testing for them.......

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I dont doubt their quality, my brother has the 46mm pte gate and it works pretty good, I was considering getting either the 46 or 66 but no one can till me how the 66 is so when purple gets one write a review or something letting us all know how it turns out

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Thanks for input so far guys,
Big purple, please let us know what you come up with in 2 weeks, we all want to know.
Rodrigues, I see all your points and agree but..........I want the real world scenario, Do they work as well as well or better than the Tial?
AND, your black dog is obviously partial to the Precision so I will take that into account, LOL.
I know they havnt been out long, but I thought someone might have been doing a little behind the scene testing for them.......
I will.

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
I've already sold several pairs, will be testing some in the next week or two.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i've got the PT as well. but i'm sure the reviews will be in before mine is fully ready to go.. It is a very nice piece just from looking at it in the shop though.

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
I tried them testing in FLA last week, worked great, they are similar to my HKS GTII's which were about $400 more (each). We won Outlaw 10.5 there and they controlled the boost well.

They come with 5 springs and boost fittings, also flanges and V-Bands. I have them in stock if anyone needs any. We also have the tube to plumb them. Thanks.

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
Hey Dan,
Did you attempt to hold the boost down low or anything?
Thanks, SCott
I can keep it as low as the spring, did this on accident on 1 pass, failed to turn the Co2 on, with a test pass.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts