Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Idiot Savant
164,907 Posts
How so? If anyone can file bankruptcy on student loans they will not be able to borrow at the rates they do now if they will qualify for a loan at all. The government is not going to be able to sustain a system where people are just allowed to file bankruptcy at any time and you know that's what will happen. Why pay back 80k or more when it costs a few K to get out of it. People are able to borrow money at a low rate because the risk is low, Make it a high risk proposition and suddenly school loans are 19% or more or you have to have some kind of collateral or a cosigner to get it any lower. Home loans are low because they use the home as collateral, How does that work for a college loan?
The effect of your kids not going to college on my life is zilch.

What did they get their degrees in?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Hit a nerve did I?

I never claimed nobody should go to college, I claimed the world needs labor as well!
There’s nothing worse than digging ditch’s with Art and Philosophy majors, fucking bores!
Not at all, Not everyone is cut out for college but allowing people to file bankruptcy isn't going to change how many idiots attend only how many idiots will file bankruptcy while quite a few who are smart enough won't be able to attend because they won't get a loan at a rate they can afford or not get a loan at all. What will happen then is you'll still have a bunch of art majors without a meaningful job standing next to someone who could be doing a meaningful job but couldn't afford it. The labor market will have a much smaller pool of educated people to choose from businesses will suffer because of it. Many businesses are already paying students to attend college because there is a shortage in some area's...… They are just passing the expense down to the consumers so in the end we are all paying for it one way or another. The cost of going to college is out of hand that's where changes need to be made.

I taught my kids the value of hard work and how to make the most with what you have, I beat it into their heads that credit worthiness is more important than going into debt to buy things you don't need. They learned that you pay your bills first, Save money second and buy things you don't have to have sparingly.
My kids are all college educated and are paying off their loans because they were raised to become responsible adults and told over and over again they are not entitled to anything...They want it they have to earn it. They didn't get cell phones until they could afford one, They had to pay for their first car themselves and only after they had saved up enough money to buy a used car in cash would me and my wife contribute towards the car. No loans no cosigning.
The problem with todays generations is that they were not taught the value of hard work and reward, They are being raised by people who teach them that they are owed something they are not entitled to. They are taught that it's ok to be a loser because mommy and daddy told them life is fair someone will give them a trophy for just trying.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
The effect of your kids not going to college on my life is zilch.

What did they get their degrees in?
They did go to college though and I'll gaurentee you that if you were seen by a doctor/nurse then you would be effected because most students in the medical field started out having to get student loans to attend.

Two are nurses and one is in business/fiancé one is in publishing and one works at a dealership. The last one is a stay at home mother right now but she was in sales.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Not at all, Not everyone is cut out for college but allowing people to file bankruptcy isn't going to change how many idiots attend only how many idiots will file bankruptcy while quite a few who are smart enough won't be able to attend because they won't get a loan at a rate they can afford or not get a loan at all. What will happen then is you'll still have a bunch of art majors without a meaningful job standing next to someone who could be doing a meaningful job but couldn't afford it. The labor market will have a much smaller pool of educated people to choose from businesses will suffer because of it. Many businesses are already paying students to attend college because there is a shortage in some area's...… They are just passing the expense down to the consumers so in the end we are all paying for it one way or another. The cost of going to college is out of hand that's where changes need to be made.

I taught my kids the value of hard work and how to make the most with what you have, I beat it into their heads that credit worthiness is more important than going into debt to buy things you don't need. They learned that you pay your bills first, Save money second and buy things you don't have to have sparingly.
My kids are all college educated and are paying off their loans because they were raised to become responsible adults and told over and over again they are not entitled to anything...They want it they have to earn it. They didn't get cell phones until they could afford one, They had to pay for their first car themselves and only after they had saved up enough money to buy a used car in cash would me and my wife contribute towards the car. No loans no cosigning.
The problem with todays generations is that they were not taught the value of hard work and reward, They are being raised by people who teach them that they are owed something they are not entitled to. They are taught that it's ok to be a loser because mommy and daddy told them life is fair someone will give them a trophy for just trying.
It’s sounds like you’ve done a great job raising your kids, you should be proud.

·
Idiot Savant
164,907 Posts
They did go to college though and I'll gaurentee you that if you were seen by a doctor/nurse then you would be effected because most students in the medical field started out having to get student loans to attend.

Two are nurses and one is in business/fiancé one is in publishing and one works at a dealership. The last one is a stay at home mother right now but she was in sales.
Well, then I am familiar with the subject, in that one son, my dodder (sic), one grandson, and my grand-dodder (sic) had all followed that course....and each make well over the minimum amount requisite to pay student debt, in that each started in the 75K range after school. The two nurses can cover their debt,and would get a loan because of that fact......the remainder make no difference to nobody.

Ergo, your statement is errant....except for the one that was in sales and left the workforce, the one that works at a dealership and the business grad. The mom's debt is a waste of assets.

The truth is that, were loans not so easily accessed, your kids would have spent a lot less to attend school. They raise rates because they can.

·
Idiot Savant
164,907 Posts
Home loans became too easy....what happened to home prices?

Car loans became too easy....what happened to car prices?

What happens every time you create more borrowers without increasing supply?

E-v-e-r-y- t-i-m-e-.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
26,829 Posts
I dont know where to begin. the $2T on the books that will be worthless, to the life experience about working and being responsible going down the drain. Disappointing.

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
I told both my daughters that I refuse to pay big bucks so they can be indoctrinated by a bunch of communists. If they wanted to go to college, they needed to get a scholarship or pay for it themselves. The oldest got scholarships and got an art history degree from William and Mary. Useless degree, but it allowed her to become an officer in the Air Force. The youngest hated school and married a rich guy. :)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Home loans became too easy....what happened to home prices?

Car loans became too easy....what happened to car prices?

What happens every time you create more borrowers without increasing supply?

E-v-e-r-y- t-i-m-e-.
LOL are you on drugs?
The value of homes has been going up since people lived in grass huts. We didn't have the housing bubble like the part of the country did.
You can't compare the price of a car made in the 60's 70's 80's compared to now, They have little in common other than 4 wheels and you have to put gas in them, The standard option list of todays cars blows them out of the water and all those electronics add to the price.

Some cost increases on college campuses can be attributed to the cost of keeping up with technology used to teach but one huge ongoing cost increase is due to the colleges spending millions upon millions updating the schools to attract students. They are trying to make them look like google/Microsoft/Facebook/Amazon with all the shit they put into them. The idiots around here spend millions of dollars for modern high school athletic facilities and can't pay teachers a decent salary, They are worried more about the experience of being in school rather than focusing on teaching the kids.

"What happens every time you create more borrowers without increasing supply?"<<< I have no idea what you are talking about here.

What does any of this have to do with allowing people to include student loans when filing bankruptcy?
Seriously you sound like my drunk uncle right now.

·
Registered
16,354 Posts
My daughter wanted to go to art school, and we did bring her to a couple to look around. We talked her out of the art school saying “you will probably come out of this owing 150k and still have your same waitress job you have now”
I feel a little bad about “crushing her dreams” but I think I may have saved her from a lot of debt and a worthless degree, but she’s still sad about it, which makes me sad too.

she is just taking generals around the local college now because she’s not sure what she wants to do, I told her to be an electrician ... she stares at me.??
LOL!

·
Idiot Savant
164,907 Posts
LOL are you on drugs?
The value of homes has been going up since people lived in grass huts. We didn't have the housing bubble like the part of the country did.
You can't compare the price of a car made in the 60's 70's 80's compared to now, They have little in common other than 4 wheels and you have to put gas in them, The standard option list of todays cars blows them out of the water and all those electronics add to the price.

Some cost increases on college campuses can be attributed to the cost of keeping up with technology used to teach but one huge ongoing cost increase is due to the colleges spending millions upon millions updating the schools to attract students. They are trying to make them look like google/Microsoft/Facebook/Amazon with all the shit they put into them. The idiots around here spend millions of dollars for modern high school athletic facilities and can't pay teachers a decent salary, They are worried more about the experience of being in school rather than focusing on teaching the kids.

"What happens every time you create more borrowers without increasing supply?"<<< I have no idea what you are talking about here.

What does any of this have to do with allowing people to include student loans when filing bankruptcy?
Seriously you sound like my drunk uncle right now.
You should have used one of those student loans for a class in economics.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
You should have used one of those student loans for a class in economics.
lol, You apparently think that the way things are where you live are the same everywhere, We were never effected by the housing bubble because housing here weren't overvalued to the extent that people were underwater right off the bat lol. We still have reasonable affordable housing and always have. The problem isn't the student loans being easy to get it's the cost to attend going up higher than the wages for the jobs they qualify for once they are out of school. Even going right into a journeyman training job doesn't pay like they used to, One of my nephews was trying to be a journeyman electrician and they only offered $14 an hour and the programs lasts 5 years. He said screw that and went to work running a bobcat for a construction company and two years later he's running larger equipment for the same company making $32hr and can get a job anywhere.

·
Registered
17,649 Posts
The same loans will be available to the responsible people that are truly determined to make it...You act like there isnt a mess when it comes to the current student loan system...
Your so called "mess" doesn't & shouldn't affect me. It should only affect the stupid/ignorant people who took the loans out in the 1st place. I never knew you were at heart, such a communist. Lol.

·
Q(t)=&#7745;Cp&#916;T
26,829 Posts
A question that bugs me that is in the case, is Rosenberg was in the Navy and I assume he got an honorable discharge. Wouldn't that make him eligible for educational benefits? Why did he choose to go into more debt instead at Cardozo Law School at Yeshiva University?

·
42,385 Posts
Your so called "mess" doesn't & shouldn't affect me. It should only affect the stupid/ignorant people who took the loans out in the 1st place. I never knew you were at heart, such a communist. Lol.
Hey stupid fuck...If it was up to me, the fucking government wouldnt be involved in loaning money for school...So you see, you are ok with the current mess, yet it costs ALL of us when idiots borrow huge sums for useless degrees...

I guess you are too fucking stupid to realize that OUR tax money has been passed through the hands of those that got the loans wrecklessly...

·
Registered
17,649 Posts
Hey stupid fuck...If it was up to me, the fucking government wouldnt be involved in loaning money for school...So you see, you are ok with the current mess, yet it costs ALL of us when idiots borrow huge sums for useless degrees...

I guess you are too fucking stupid to realize that OUR tax money has been passed through the hands of those that got the loans wrecklessly...

Hey stupid ass, you are the one who has everything ass-backwards. Your solution is to make everyone pay for the losers who took out the student loans in the first place. You're exhibiting some fine fuked up logic there. You drinking today? If you're not you should be, then maybe you'd have an excuse.

·
Idiot Savant
164,907 Posts
Hey stupid ass, you are the one who has everything ass-backwards. Your solution is to make everyone pay for the losers who took out the student loans in the first place. You're exhibiting some fine fuked up logic there. You drinking today? If you're not you should be, then maybe you'd have an excuse.
I think that the real point is that they never should have been a protected class to begin with. Now that Obama created this fucking mess, fixing it is more complicated....but we should start by ending the Federal student loan programs.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts