Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Applied for a new position that requires a drug test. I have the form to present at a lab, no appointment necessary. May be the results are obtained before any interview???

Early 60's, non-smoker but I do toke a bit here and there. Last time was a couple pipe hits on Friday, and about a joint last Tuesday. Not a stoner by any means, just like to get high OCCASIONALLY.

Any thoughts about how to pass this will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you all.

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,134 Posts
Depends on the employer, some will "allow" a little to show up in the test, depends on the employer. Most use it as a ploy just to weed (pun intended) out the flakes before they waste time interviewing them.

Or they could be a zero tolerance company and bill you for the drug test....

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Go to your local dollar store and buy one of their "Home Drug Test kits" for cannabis. Then you'll have a good idea if you'll pass their test, maybe.
Best way to pass is quit for 30 days prior.
Some have the willpower and some don't.
Either way, good luck...

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I know a good way to pass it.
Grow the fuck up and quit doing shit a fucking kid does. Fucking idiot.

·
Registered
41,408 Posts
They can't bill you for it. IIRC there is a threshold level that they don't report if it is lower than that. It really depends on how much you've smoked and when. If you have fat, it tends to hold THC longer than if you didn't. If you rarely smoke, you may be clear in 5-7 days.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
You won't pass if you're toking up the week before.
^^^^this, I am in recovery and several of the people in there were there for weed, and it would take weeks (assuming they stopped smoking) for them to test clean, especially if they were overweight. Get some fake piss from the local head shop, according to my oldest it works, he has used it several times, he too is a pot smoker.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
If you only smoke once or twice a quarter and you are a few days out from a toke or two you would probably pass a panel (dip strip) test. If it is an actual mass-spectrometry type test they will likely find it on some level.

If you are smoking a couple times a month and have been doing so for some length of time, you probably aren't going to pass either type of test.

·
Aviation Section
25,376 Posts
You won't pass if you're toking up the week before.
Yes, you can forget about that job. They don't have to just do urine either, they can take a hair sample and then you are really fucked!

One of my duties where I work in my retirement job is to be head of our Drug and Alcohol program for our FAA covered employees. States that are legalizing MJ are making it easier for people to feel it is O.K. to toke, in the real world any job worth having (meaning is pays well) is going to give you a pre-employment drug test and random tests after those. Most companies like ours have a zero tolerance program, you come up positive on a random you are gone. Dave

·
Aviation Section
25,376 Posts
I know a good way to pass it.
Grow the fuck up and quit doing shit a fucking kid does. Fucking idiot.
Yes! Grow up and look out for your family! Johnny Walker is still legal! 8 hours bottle to throttle and you are good to go if you get tested for that. Dave

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Well, you can always tell them you won't pass the weed test and see what they say, or you can say nothing and get outed, and even if they were tolerant of weed, would pass you up since you weren't straightforward beforehand. And as said, grow the fuck up or move to a state where it is legal.

·
Aviation Section
25,376 Posts
^^^^this, I am in recovery and several of the people in there were there for weed, and it would take weeks (assuming they stopped smoking) for them to test clean, especially if they were overweight. Get some fake piss from the local head shop, according to my oldest it works, he has used it several times, he too is a pot smoker.
Lots of guys who have tried this get busted for out of temp, that is the first thing they check when you hand them a sample coming out of the bathroom. The next sample that they give has to be seen by a monitor. A refusal is the same as a positive. Dave

·
Smart Ass Conservative
113,093 Posts
You are fucked Cheech

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Applied for a new position that requires a drug test. I have the form to present at a lab, no appointment necessary. May be the results are obtained before any interview???

Early 60's, non-smoker but I do toke a bit here and there. Last time was a couple pipe hits on Friday, and about a joint last Tuesday. Not a stoner by any means, just like to get high OCCASIONALLY.

Any thoughts about how to pass this will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you all.
You're fucked, THC stays in the system for 15-30 days.

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
How is that any more immature than early sixties and likes to get " relaxed" with johhnie, Jim , Evan or Jack on a semi regular basis?

Or even worse, some of the prescribed medication they can't live without?

Seems pretty hypocritical.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
If they take hair, you're fucked.

·
JACKASS
5,085 Posts
How is that any more immature than early sixties and likes to get " relaxed" with johhnie, Jim , Evan or Jack on a semi regular basis?

Or even worse, some of the prescribed medication they can't live without?

Seems pretty hypocritical.
Exactly...

I'd rather deal with someone who smokes weed than a drunk.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts