Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys installing them? I have heard of people gluing/epoxying them in, but wasnt sure if that was the best method or not.

·
draggin' ass
13,411 Posts
I have seen 3M window sealer (the black goop) and counter sunk allen head bolts with washers and nuts on the back side. If you really want to do a clean job, cover the seam with the factory trim if applicable.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this car has a fiberglass body so I cant weld to it. The channel that the window lays in is built in a way that I cannot access the backside of it to through bolt it.

Thanks for the tip Micah, might look a little out of place on this car though ;)

·
"Big Al" Sargent
7,472 Posts
I used the countersank allen head bolts from Bickel across the top (the only place I could access the backside of the bolts) and used countersank metal screws on the sides and bottom of the windshield. I used a 3/8 thick rubber seal from Bickel, also. When I put my chrome on, it'll look like a factory windshield.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The nut-sert thing has crossed my mind. I have a complete set of those in all the different sizes. I planned on drilling a pilot hole to see how thick the fiberglass is in that area and then make a decision from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts