Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel bad for you guys - just when you get up from one disaster you get clobbered again. They say the slick is just three miles off the coast and the well is pumping 5K barrels a day. And might take months to cap.

Wishing the best for any YBers on the coast. Hope this turns out better than it sounds.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Well it's practically in my back yard here in Houma, Louisiana and i'm just glad i got my freezer full of shrimp and crabmeat :)

Seriously i hope the best for everyone involved on the front lines..........!!!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Not that you can bet on and win!!! Plus the Louisiana tax payers will be paying for the shrimpers / fishermans lawsuits, etc, etc.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, they're saying that BP's on the hook for the cleanup and that the shrimpers and fishermen have already filed a class action suit against BP for the loss of their industry. Maybe the LA taxpayers won't end up having to carry it alone.

Maybe not the best time to buy BP stock.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
. They say the slick is just three miles off the coast and the well is pumping 5K barrels a day. And might take months to cap.
And all some amaricans can say is "Drill, baby Drill"! {So will this be one of the greatest (Man Made) Disasters to ever happen? I'd say so and lets see if the Jack ass in the white house changes his toon now.}

Shannon

·
Idiot Savant
166,577 Posts
And all some amaricans can say is "Drill, baby Drill"! {So will this be one of the greatest (Man Made) Disasters to ever happen? I'd say so and lets see if the Jack ass in the white house changes his toon now.}

Shannon
So...you make sure you use nothing made of petroleum.

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Well, they're saying that BP's on the hook for the cleanup and that the shrimpers and fishermen have already filed a class action suit against BP for the loss of their industry. Maybe the LA taxpayers won't end up having to carry it alone.

Maybe not the best time to buy BP stock.
It's a great time to buy BP. This won't cost them a dime after all is said and done. All the costs will be passed on to the...

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
So...you make sure you use nothing made of petroleum.
Mark, it should be a no-brainer to not be fucking around in the oceans. Why don't you ask those fishermen and the people on the gulf coast about that massive oil slick coming their direction and see what they think about these rigs out in gulf.

Shannon

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just hope they can get it stopped and cleaned up before hurricane season. Can you imagine what that would be like?

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
I just hope they can get it stopped and cleaned up before hurricane season. Can you imagine what that would be like?
X2 and if they don't we might be in for a world of hurt.

Shannon

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
I seen we have a front that may stall and make this worse.It looks like La will get it and us along the coast as well.It dont look good right now.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Mark, it should be a no-brainer to not be fucking around in the oceans. Why don't you ask those fishermen and the people on the gulf coast about that massive oil slick coming their direction and see what they think about these rigs out in gulf.

Shannon
Why dont you ask the 35,000 plus people in the gulf that will be un-employed and all the other thousands of land jobs that depend on the Gulf Of Mexico rigs.Hell, those rigs and platforms are some of the best customers the fishermen have !! Its a bad deal but we will survive.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
How many off shore rigs blow up? when was the last time that happened? Hell,when the rigs are operating,Louisiana is booming. we like em. Shit happens.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
How many off shore rigs blow up? when was the last time that happened? Hell,when the rigs are operating,Louisiana is booming. we like em. Shit happens.
X2

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
We were already having a coastal erosion disaster now this. We will get through this like everything else.

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Quick! Somebody send me some live crabs and crawfish....:p

·
One day I will have a day
1,790 Posts
We will still have all the seafood . The west will hardly be affected . The supply will be greatly decreased . They opened shrimp season early in the east , but they will be small and it won't be open long . The oil is allready hitting the coast as I type this . I can't wait to hear Mississippi , Alabama and Florida crying when it hits them . Gulf shores and the emerald coast of Florida are just starting their tourism season . Won't be nice with black beaches !!!

·
IgnoreIsForPussies
20,761 Posts
We will still have all the seafood . The west will hardly be affected . The supply will be greatly decreased . They opened shrimp season early in the east , but they will be small and it won't be open long . The oil is allready hitting the coast as I type this . I can't wait to hear Mississippi , Alabama and Florida crying when it hits them . Gulf shores and the emerald coast of Florida are just starting their tourism season . Won't be nice with black beaches !!!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Black beach as long as you also have one for Whites only.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts