Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased a pro systems dominator for my combo 598 14.1 bmf heads 822 lift cam nitrous motor make a little over 1000hp on dyno n/a.and gonna take it out a little on the street for a few miles once in a while besides the track.it came from patrick with a 5.5 powervalve in front with 88 jets and 96s no pv in the rear.he probably put the power valve due to the limited street use.im thinking to just block it and start square 96s for the track.just never ran with a powervalve at the track even with much less motor.also 5.5 seems like a hi # powervalve for this combo.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are going to street drive it a fair bit leave the power valve in. Thats the best though square it up, block off the power valve. If its just too fat running on the street maybe toss a 3.5-4.5.

Dave

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The 1050 DOM on my 565 is a race only car and runs a power valve in front with no problems at all. Lets me ride around the track and keep the engine from loading up. I'm jetted 84/89 with the PV. RM

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
If you are going to street drive it a fair bit leave the power valve in. Thats the best though square it up, block off the power valve. If its just too fat running on the street maybe toss a 3.5-4.5.

Dave
what's the vac. at idle? power valve should be slightly above that and only open when you step into it.

if it's to fat on the street you need to go up in value not down, to keep it from opening while cruizing.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
just purchased a pro systems dominator for my combo 598 14.1 bmf heads 822 lift cam nitrous motor make a little over 1000hp on dyno n/a.and gonna take it out a little on the street for a few miles once in a while besides the track.it came from patrick with a 5.5 powervalve in front with 88 jets and 96s no pv in the rear.he probably put the power valve due to the limited street use.im thinking to just block it and start square 96s for the track.just never ran with a powervalve at the track even with much less motor.also 5.5 seems like a hi # powervalve for this combo.
Patrick set-up my 4150 w/ a 6.5 PV on primary with 88/96 jets for Q-16. Patrick knows his stuff! I scratched my head too when I looked @ the build sheet and seen the PV on there. Patrick has been extremely helpful with tuning my combo!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
motor has no vac gauge port so not sure what its got for vac really dont want to tap and ad a vac gauge.on the inovate lm1 its actually a little lean cruising and idle around 15/16.1.going to a track rental with the car for the first time in a few weeks and then ill get some plug readings and o2#s.just never ran a pv and just used to running square jetting just easier to me and dont have to wonder if the power valve is not opening and the motors lean.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A 5.5 PV needs 5.5 inches of vac to pull it shut. At WOT you have much less than that and the valve will be open adding fuel to the mixture. A power valve does make a big difference in driveability. kw

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the good replys,i broke out the old holley super tuning book and read up today also.im gonna just leave the pv and dial it in with the pv.it is pretty streetable with the spintechs and this carb.pretty cool driving a full c/m round tube double frame rail car through town.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts