Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smt078Anyone have a suggestion what would cause my truck to puke oil out of the water reservoir???

This has been the biggest piece of shit ever. About everything has been replaced atleast once, well I guess it is time to start again.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
on a powerstroke i believe that the head gaskets are blown.

·
Registered
887 Posts
head studs and egr delete wont fix his problem lol.

Put an oil cooler on it, and you'll never get that mess out of the cooling system, not easily or cheap anyway.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

Put an oil cooler on it, and you'll never get that mess out of the cooling system, not easily or cheap anyway.
They have oil coolers on them from the factory.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well that set made it about 10,000 miles. Ford just replace both heads, injectors, and turbo.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
What year ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
if you want to get the mess out of the cooling system use a big bottle of dawn dish soap and water run it let it get hot. shut it off and drain it. may take a couple of times but it does work.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Set it on fire!!!
trust me it has crossed my mind ALOT! I had to talk my husband out of it last night. We were out of town when it messed up this time.

It is still under warrenty (200,000 miles) if not we would had to burn sure could not afford to fix it.

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts

x3! you will never get it all out. 3c3z-6a642-ca oil cooler and 4c3z-9p456-af egr cooler. and an egr valve on occasion.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just did mine. New head gaskets, ARP head studs, Oil Cooler, EGR Cooler, HPOP, snap connector, oil tubes and many o-rings that are known to fail. Do NOT put it back together with factory head bolts. These trucks are known for all these parts going bad.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How about putting the computer back to stock. The tunes people put in these things are one of the biggest culprits of their failures.

Before someone jumps on here and says "I had a totally stock truck blow a head gasket", that's great. It happens, but the majority of head gasket failures are due to excessive tuning.

Put head studs in it, and turn the tune down, then it will live.

Brian
EFI-Unlimited

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
DON'T LIFT - JUST SHIFT
1,177 Posts
The head gasket are the reason it is puking oil. The 6.0 is known to do that. The only way to fix that is to mill the head and put ARP head studs. When you do that make sure you eliminate the EGR.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
The head gasket are the reason it is puking oil. The 6.0 is known to do that. The only way to fix that is to mill the head and put ARP head studs. When you do that make sure you eliminate the EGR.

^^^^^^^^ what he said^^^^^^^

i know many guys that did just that and a very small tuner , like 60hp tuner , and have never gone back , one guy just hit 250km
and before that he was at the shop every 40 ooo km
at 140 000 km he did these mods and never had a problen

·
Registered
510 Posts
How about putting the computer back to stock. The tunes people put in these things are one of the biggest culprits of their failures.

Before someone jumps on here and says "I had a totally stock truck blow a head gasket", that's great. It happens, but the majority of head gasket failures are due to excessive tuning.

Put head studs in it, and turn the tune down, then it will live.

Brian
EFI-Unlimited
X100

1 - 20 of 71 Posts