Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tired of junk "high torque" chinese mini starters. Seems like most companies just buy a bulk of Chinese starters and put their sticker on them.

Looking at the Powermaster XS series. Any feedback? Chevrolet application. Thanks.

·
Maderator
16,243 Posts
I have had most of them including powermaster.... I currently have an MSD starter and it kicks ass! I would def. recommend it.

As a side note I had a couple issues with powermasters but they have always taken care of them so I have nothing to complain about with them.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Ive had good luck with them. Call & talk to Tom 1-630-957-4019. Very nice guy and get you exactly what you need.

·
Registered
473 Posts
After going through a bunch of starters I got one of the infinite adjustable ones so I could get some better header to starter clearance, shortest and most adjustable I have found,, mounts left or right on Dart IE block 11:1 compression no problems .

·
Regulator
36,104 Posts
Powermaster in at least six Tilton in two! They actually don't get used much!LOL

·
aka old_shoe
17,927 Posts
Beware. I had one that had to be replaced back in June (sbf). It was one of their universal starters with an adapter plate. Two little phucking screws holding this thing together and you guessed it, one snapped and it chewed the nose and gear so there was no repairing it. No more expensive starters for me, I replaced it with a Summit unit for less than half what that thing cost me a couple years ago.

·
Long Live The King
105,084 Posts
Im tired of junk "high torque" chinese mini starters. Seems like most companies just buy a bulk of Chinese starters and put their sticker on them.

Looking at the Powermaster XS series. Any feedback? Chevrolet application. Thanks.
well you could have purchased a Tilton ?

how many cheapo's did you go thru ?

the Powermaster in my boat has worked great for a few years. BBF

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
With high compression you have to spin the motor fast before the ignition. Two 1000 ca bat and starts fine

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

I have one... Works pretty damn good. I have the rotating one that you can setup at just about any angle. It looks nice, I have had it for two years and have zero complaints. I use it on a high compression 14 to 1 sbf and she starts right up every time. I also use a small XS 975 battery and no alternator.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mine is 4+ yrs old and never had a problem.

·
DamCoonass
15,314 Posts
Never had a problem with one.

Good stuff.

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
6,985 Posts
Beware. I had one that had to be replaced back in June (sbf). It was one of their universal starters with an adapter plate. Two little phucking screws holding this thing together and you guessed it, one snapped and it chewed the nose and gear so there was no repairing it. No more expensive starters for me, I replaced it with a Summit unit for less than half what that thing cost me a couple years ago.

Send it back to Powermaster, they should fix it for free. I think all their starters and alternators have a life time warranty. They are really a good company.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts