Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the Powermaster 9450 on 24 volts to start their supercharged Alcohol setup? good performance with it?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
24 volts on any starter will take it's toll.... the question is why are you needing 24 volts.?.. trying to spin fast enough for a pro mag ?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
We use 16 v batterys to start a blown gas and blown alcohol engine without issue.
Why the need of a 24v ?

Blessings........Ron

·
Registered
701 Posts
switched to 24v this season on a alcohol injected 598 w15:1, spins over like the plugs are out, starts a million times easier. 24v to the starter, 12v to everything else.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Mike Janis is actually using the powermaster 9400 and he uses 24 volts to spin his legal promod. Today we got the tilton installed on the mustang and we are hitting it with 12v, only diff is I put crank trigger really close and starting it on gas. Spinning BAE Hemi with 18/71

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Csr or Meziere. Why take a chance when it really counts. A standard 12 volt solenoid will eventually take a crap. I have a schematic to wire the system if you need one.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
How about 32 volts?

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Do you have to use 2 batteries to use this system? Was thinkn of switching to 16v this winter on my Alky injected 565 in a dragster, and if it can be done with 1 battery sounds like the way i would want to go. Also can this be used on a Tilton Starter?
No, you need two batteries wired in parallel.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You can buy 2 braille battery's 10-11lb each wire the starter for 24 volts and your electronics 12 volts and still be lighter then a 16 volt battery not unless you want to spend big bucks for the 16 volt small one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes a 44 pro mag. two 12volt batteries way to go, for accessories and ability to find em in parts stores and have 24v for starting.

I tried the Mezzerie, it has a 12 volt solenoid did not last long. Also had the 12 volt CSR on 24 volt it was ok.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can buy 2 braille battery's 10-11lb each wire the starter for 24 volts and your electronics 12 volts and still be lighter then a 16 volt battery not unless you want to spend big bucks for the 16 volt small one.
Never heard or seen of Braille, who uses them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts