Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
they are both made by the same company ......
I don't believe that is true and XS Power batteries are not part of Powermaster anymore. They are independently owned according to John Brady when I saw him at PRI.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
First things first....

XS Power and Turbo Start are NOT the same company and the batteries are not made by the same people.

Secondly...

Powermaster does Starters and Alternators, XS Power does Batteries.

Feel free to contact me for any battery questions. I can Guarantee our batteries are BETTER than ANY other 16 Volt on the market. We redesigned our 16 volt AGM's last year to give them more power at a lighter weight and they resist vibration and heat better.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The 16 volt XS is a bad bitch! We've been using one as an external booster battery to start the Nova this week. Haven't charged it in 7 days and it still has charge after 15 or so crankings.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
Gotta keep them on a maintainance charger. I lost 2 Powermasters and 2 Turbo-Starts in one year. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I have had good success with Rock Batteries

·
Registered
895 Posts
XS Batteries for the win! John and the team are extremely knowledgable and the customer service is top notch!

Ben Holt
John Holt Race Cars

·
Registered
159 Posts
16v the Rock you won't be sorry. Get the battery and charger. Little hint here don't run you accessories (that have motors)while your charging. The charger will put out more voltage than the battery (has to to charge)this maybe 18+ that's hard on 12v motors for any length of time. Short periods is OK. Guess how I know. I was impressed on how the Rock battery spun my 14.5-1 706 over. No I don't sell Rock batteries

·
You did what??
2,963 Posts
First things first....

XS Power and Turbo Start are NOT the same company and the batteries are not made by the same people.

Secondly...

Powermaster does Starters and Alternators, XS Power does Batteries.

Feel free to contact me for any battery questions. I can Guarantee our batteries are BETTER than ANY other 16 Volt on the market. We redesigned our 16 volt AGM's last year to give them more power at a lighter weight and they resist vibration and heat better.
x2, love the XS Batteries.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I am not saying that any other brand of battery is a bad one. (Well I would say that about one brand but last time I did I got a letter saying I would be Sued if I did it again..LOL) But ours are better than everybody elses.

I have thrown this out before and I will do it again.

I have a $100,000 dollar battery tester here. I will take on any battery company in a head to head on my machine on the same test. You bring any battery you want to the table and I will let you pick one off the shelf of mine and we will test them! I WILL post results here on the Bullet win or lose!

That goes for Lithium and AGM! 12 or 16 Volt!

Bring It.....Dont Sing It!!!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I am not saying that any other brand of battery is a bad one. (Well I would say that about one brand but last time I did I got a letter saying I would be Sued if I did it again..LOL) But ours are better than everybody elses.

I have thrown this out before and I will do it again.

I have a $100,000 dollar battery tester here. I will take on any battery company in a head to head on my machine on the same test. You bring any battery you want to the table and I will let you pick one off the shelf of mine and we will test them! I WILL post results here on the Bullet win or lose!

That goes for Lithium and AGM! 12 or 16 Volt!

Bring It.....Dont Sing It!!!

Just going with my experiance of your products

I had a XS power D1600 battery that lasted a month of actual use and became a complete pile of shit.

Wouldnt start the car, couldnt sit for more than an hour, and even new the thing had trouble cranking over the car any better than a the red top optima/stock altenator setup it replaced.

Was bought new along with a 16v powermaster altenator, and 1005 Charger.

Contacted the company about the battery, but because it was nearly a year after the purchase that the battery had failed, I was SOL. What makes it worse it the battery sat in its shipping box for nearly that whole year that I had owned the battery. And I had charged it with the exact same companys charger.

Only item that lasted without any issues is the altenator.

That was 3 years ago, bad customer service like that drove me away, along with 3 more powermaster starter failures on other vehicles. It all leaves a bad taste in ones mouth when you pay a premium price for a supposed good product and all it does it fail time and time again.

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
XS batterys in all our stuff. Top notch service and product. If you follow their care instructions it will serve you very well. Best in the business, we shake the shit out of our XS stuff and it always does its job.
The others... not so much.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Just going with my experiance of your products

I had a XS power D1600 battery that lasted a month of actual use and became a complete pile of shit.

Wouldnt start the car, couldnt sit for more than an hour, and even new the thing had trouble cranking over the car any better than a the red top optima/stock altenator setup it replaced.

Was bought new along with a 16v powermaster altenator, and 1005 Charger.

Contacted the company about the battery, but because it was nearly a year after the purchase that the battery had failed, I was SOL. What makes it worse it the battery sat in its shipping box for nearly that whole year that I had owned the battery. And I had charged it with the exact same companys charger.

Only item that lasted without any issues is the altenator.

That was 3 years ago, bad customer service like that drove me away, along with 3 more powermaster starter failures on other vehicles. It all leaves a bad taste in ones mouth when you pay a premium price for a supposed good product and all it does it fail time and time again.

So did the battery sit for a year without being used? Did you charge it while it sat? ( from what you describe, being weak from the get, I dont think you did.) If you did not that is why it went bad. ANY AGM battery WILL fail prematurely if you allow them to sit and not maintain them. I have racers on this board that have had the same battery for 5 years because in the off season they keep it on our charger in float mode.

That starters and stuff I cant speak to that situation as I haven't done any of that stuff in almost 3 years.

EDIT: Just noticed you said it was three years ago, The D1600 came out last year and is a total redesign of what you more than likely had, D1000.

·
Registered
655 Posts
XS ftw. I used the the 16 volt AGM for three years with no problems, then changed to the lightweight lithium. Had a problem with it, so I called and talked to John Brady about the issue and my concerns about using the small lithium battery with the load/draw in our car. We have a nitrous car on 3 stages and an extensive data system. John was straight up me and said they had a problem with a few of the materials used in the first lithiums made. I sent it to him with the charger, he tested it and replaced the battery, and I had it back in a few days.
Great products , and top notch service !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts