Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is the right section for this. Wondering if anyone has any experience with Powerhouse generators. My brother and I are both in the market for a small, quiet generator,something like the Honda EU's,inverter style. I looked and can't seem to find any reveiws anywhere on them.Seems like many of the other ones like that are discontinued or are getting bad reveiws.With money being tight we are trying to avoid spending money for a Honda but I won't buy something that I can't get parts for either.All info is appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I guess this is the right section for this. Wondering if anyone has any experience with Powerhouse generators. My brother and I are both in the market for a small, quiet generator,something like the Honda EU's,inverter style. I looked and can't seem to find any reveiws anywhere on them.Seems like many of the other ones like that are discontinued or are getting bad reveiws.With money being tight we are trying to avoid spending money for a Honda but I won't buy something that I can't get parts for either.All info is appreciated.
Thank you
Buy the REAL Honda.... Most of the "Off Shore" Shit, when it quits working, is more to fix, than a new one... Spend the extra money ONCE.. Been down this road..... More than once...;)

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Is that the one Northern Tools sells? If so, I have a 7,000 w and it's nothing like a Honda.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
yes i have the 2200watt unit. it's a piece of shit. never wanted to start and now after about 25 hrs use it has blown a head gasket. trying to get it waranteed now. we'll see. buy the honda i wish i did.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. What's up Mark,how's Donnies car coming,he said you had some new ideas to try ?The 65 Plymouth that you did the cage in for me is almost done,it made more than the 700 hp I had predicted,should be a handful. Maybe I can fax you a copy of the dyno sheet,I may need some help with this one,I am looking for tires for it now.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Best "Off-Shore" shit, I've bought in the last 2 years, is the Little 900W, carry with one hand, little generator that "Horrible" Freight sells.... Starts every time, and on the floor of the Golf Cart it'll run a battery charger, and a good size fan... It's a 2-stroke, so ya have to use "Pre-mix" fuel, but a little over a gallon, will last 2 days at the track... It was $79.00 [on sale], and when it quits [If it ever does], I'll deposit it in the Dumpster, on the way out the gate..

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
My powerhouse works fine and runs everything in my trailer. It starts first pull. It is noisy though. Not as bad as some, but nothing like a Honda. I saw a Yamaha at SGMP I almost had to touch to see if it was running. Nowhere near the same...

Funny Denny, deposit it the dumpster as I leave the track!:)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The more I find out about this offshore crap the more I am thinking about just buying the Honda,I really hate having problems.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Spend the money on a Honda, you wont regret it. I have a Honda but its not as quiet as some of the newer models but it starts with one pull and not a hard pull and it works flawlessly. I went through 2 Colemans before I decided to spend the money.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. What's up Mark,how's Donnies car coming,he said you had some new ideas to try ?The 65 Plymouth that you did the cage in for me is almost done,it made more than the 700 hp I had predicted,should be a handful. Maybe I can fax you a copy of the dyno sheet,I may need some help with this one,I am looking for tires for it now.
Thanks,
Mike
donnies car is just about done. i need to call him this week. did you find someone to do your interior yet?.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
My powerhouse works fine and runs everything in my trailer. It starts first pull. It is noisy though. Not as bad as some, but nothing like a Honda. I saw a Yamaha at SGMP I almost had to touch to see if it was running. Nowhere near the same...

Funny Denny, deposit it the dumpster as I leave the track!:)
Phuck... I've done worse...;)

·
Banned
19,859 Posts
id steer away from Harbor frieght or any northen tool or eastern tool, I bought a 4000 watt from summit and tank had a leak waited 2 weeks for a new tank , I installed the tank and that one had a leak from tank. I was not happy and returned it to summit and bought one from lowes.

·
LSx Vega
1,621 Posts
You might cringe like I did when deciding to pull the trigger on a Honda but I tell ya its one of the best things I have bought for my setup. I got the Eu3000 and it is nothing short of awesome. So quiet people next to me have to come up to it to see if its running. At the Holoween classic this year it ran 4 days straight non stop. It also ran 19.5 hours on its first tank of gas there.

Again I was hesitant due to cost but I'd do it again in a second. Don't be scared!

·
and a little bent
2,277 Posts
Honda or Yamaha - 1st thing you and your Bro need to do is factor in what you are gonna need it for now and then think about the what if's.

The reason I say this is the paralleling capability of both brands is a bit different - a Honda 2000 can be doubled with another honda 2000, or a 3000 w/a 3000 and the proper cabling kit or companion series gensets. I was told the yamahas are cheaper to parallel and can be mixed ( a 3000 with a 2000).

I went Honda 2000 because a couple of racing buddies already have them and if we want we can hook them together, otherwise I would have looked harder at the Yamahas.

Shop around, you could save a couple hundred - the Honda Dealer was more than what the local RV store that had a special running, the Dealer did match it though - oh yeah and if it makes a difference to you - check the "title or CO" of the Honda it might be a leftover - they tried to give me the previous year's unit - wouldnt have known but I was looking at the inventory screen and questioned it - wasnt anymore wiggle room on the price

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
donnies car is just about done. i need to call him this week. did you find someone to do your interior yet?.
Was he expecting it to be done this quick ?I guess that means I need to get my ass in gear and get back to working on his heads.
We were able to get the guy who originally did the interior work in that car to take care of everything,he is out in Middletown,N.Y.
I am hoping to get it down to Atco before it gets too cold.I have been looking at some front suspension stuff for it,not much available,any ideas ? I was only able to come up with some uppers and some strut bars that use a rod end instead of rubber bushings,the lowers I found seem to be questionable as far as construction.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was he expecting it to be done this quick ?I guess that means I need to get my ass in gear and get back to working on his heads.
We were able to get the guy who originally did the interior work in that car to take care of everything,he is out in Middletown,N.Y.
I am hoping to get it down to Atco before it gets too cold.I have been looking at some front suspension stuff for it,not much available,any ideas ? I was only able to come up with some uppers and some strut bars that use a rod end instead of rubber bushings,the lowers I found seem to be questionable as far as construction.
Twisted- Thanks for the info on the dates,I new about being able to parallel them which is a nice option.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts