Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock case, 1.76 gear set glide with a sportsman brake that I bought used that I recently had it gone threw and freshened, installed it everything works as it should only problem is that when I set the Transbrake and give it throttle to put on two step the car will roll 3-4 inches forward. Any ideas on what causes this problem and what I can do to fix it! Thanks for an advice and help! Scott

·
Registered
181 Posts
Band adjustment? A leak on the reverse side somewhere? Possibly different servo spring(lighter) or stiffer reverse? I'm no expert but i would check the pressure to get an idea maybe. I'd wait for Hutch he's the boss! I had a buddies that would back up first. There was a spring out of the front end of a 1 ton pickup or so it seemed .........replaced it wit a lighter one and problem solved.

·
Registered
521 Posts
if the band is loose it will usually back up when when the brake is applied. Did you remove the reverse piston and check it?

·
Super Moderator
19,639 Posts
Before you do anything , recheck the fluid level,linkage adjustment, solenoid electrical connections and batter voltage. If all is well , you must do a pressure test in all ranges and report back with the results. Also check the transbrake solenoid plunger and make sure its not bent (assuming its a short solenoid with an external plunger)as that would restrict the feed to the brake circuit by limiting the valve stroke.

Hutch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts