Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinds of things would cause a glide to shift inconsistently? Its has always done this. I can see on my logger it doesn't seem to be shifting the same. For example, sometimes it will shift nice and sharp, I will get a g-force spike. Sometimes it won't show a g-force spike on the shift, then sometimes I see a downward trend in g-force right before it shifts. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with tranny temp as I have seen all conditions in a variety of temps. Almost like something is sticking on the shift. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
19,473 Posts
I doubt the servo piston wil change anything. Do you monitor your shifts or are you just assuming they happen at the same time because your shift rpm is set the same in the box?

Hutch

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am basing it off the datalogs that I am getting. It shifts in the same spot, I guess a better way to put it would be the aggressiveness of the shift changes from run to run. It will sometime wipe the tires on the shift and spike the g-force, and sometimes it soft, with the g-force nosing over as it shifts. At this point I don't think its temperature related, as the last pass on saturday, I was hot lapping and had the tranny pretty hot(hotter than usually 190+) and it shifted strong.

What effects the firmness of the shift?

·
Super Moderator
19,473 Posts
Powerglides bind on the shift , thats why it feels like a hard shift. They actually lock up for a split second most of the time (hence the drop in G's on the gear change). Why yours decides to do it sometimes and not all the time is odd. Either the rpm is not the same or there is a pressure difference or fluctuation that is taking place and the shifts are sometimes hitting the high pressure point then hitting the low pressure the next time could be the problem. Some regulation systems are better than others and thats the only explanation I can give you assuming the trans is correct internally.

Hutch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts