Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my old powerglide out of the luv truck and stole the parts for the new car. Getting bored waiting to finish the firebird so I am going to slap a 327 I have sitting around the shop in to the luv and go play. I have the old case, a hardened input shaft, a 176 planetary and the modded pump. I picked up a stock powerglide out of a 63 impala for the parts. I had the old case modded for a double dump but I used the valve body for the firebird trans.
I need to buy a new vavle body for the double dump feature and cant remember the brand. Also what else do I need to make a decent trans? I have looked at the rebuild kits on ebay and jegs and they seem to vary greatly in price.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
^^^^what he said. I just built my first glide for my mustang. I did a full rebuild from PTC with a kevlar band,upgraded steel hub,and their transbrake valvebody. I got a a converter and upgraded input shaft with turbo splines from BTE. I think I did ok for my first glide. Its got a stock 1.82 plantary so I know its not bulletproof but it will last a little while in my car.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry seems perfectly coherrant to me LOL. Mainly I need to figure out which rebuild kit to go with and what valve body to use. I am sure the 65 dollar one from ebay is not the one. But do I need the 200 dollar kit? What kind of clutches? I can build a engine but I am new at transmissions.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,698 Posts
No problem but am I now supposed to go search for a 60.00 and a 200.00 rebuild kit from some guy on ebay and figure out which one is best for you?:p Sorry.

Hutch

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I posted in the wrong forum. I will try the guys in the trash section and see what I get figured out. Sorry to take up your valuable time.
Frige

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Just go with the ptc one. Its like 160 and comes with a Kevlar band. I'm lost at which valvebody u would need.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Doubles Performance on here! He has a nice rebuild kit, which includes kevlar band, raybestos stage 1 frictions, and all the rest of a rebuild that you will need. 140 plus the ride. Great guy!

As for the VB, you will need a double dump style break if your case is modded for a double dump. So pick one and be done.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys If doubles in on here pm me.

·
Super Moderator
19,698 Posts
Looks like I posted in the wrong forum. I will try the guys in the trash section and see what I get figured out. Sorry to take up your valuable time.
Frige
Don't be like that.
If you supplied a link and asked a question directly I would be more than happy to help you. But you seem to just be here telling us your plans and what you saw on ebay so what am I supposed to do.

Hutch

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Shelton that is very informative. Hutch I am sorry if I offended you but In my mind I thought that I had discribed what I needed to do. Basicly put together a powerglide that will stand up to a 327 with 500 hp at the most (if I spray it). I want to use as many of the stock parts that I can and still retain the double dump.

·
Super Moderator
19,698 Posts
Gotcha. I would forget the double dump all together and just get a normal vb , steel hub ,5 or 6 high gear clutch's, good servo, deep pan and your all set.

Hutch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts