Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 camaro with a 408 trick flow heads pretty nice motor, full cage and a turbo 400 with brake. the car weighs 3300 lbs and is mostly a track car. i am thinking about putting a glide in the car what do you think. right now i have a ati converter that goes to 4600 on the brake. i have a 300 shot of nitrous on the car and the car 60 foots 1.37.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
YBBitch:HIT THE PHUCKIN NEWBIE THREAD FIRST!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Make the switch, I did and love my glide, 60' didn't change and the car went faster. Just be ready to spend money on the glide though, they ain't cheap for one that will hold up, u need an aftermarket case and first gear planetary set.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Make the switch, I did and love my glide, 60' didn't change and the car went faster. Just be ready to spend money on the glide though, they ain't cheap for one that will hold up, u need an aftermarket case and first gear planetary set.

Which glide are you running? I have been looking at them as well.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Which glide are you running? I have been looking at them as well.
I had a local guy build it. He uses tsi parts, has a tsi 1.80 first gear planetary set, pro tree brake, aftermarket drum with 8 clutches, NASA input shaft, it's using a modified stock pump and has a jw case and bell, there's other little things, but that's the major components.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was going to use my glide on my stock internal nitrous build. Was looking forward to it. Now i have to sell.

I would make the switch if you can.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the imput on the glide switch and i think i may try one. but to the smartass about being a newbie thread fuck you. i have been racing for 35years and just because i do not ask many questions on the internet i am no dumass all i wanted was some input on what works on these ls1 cars.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
Being a dumbass has nothing to do with it.. it;s called Forum etiquette... we all have gone there, you're not better than any of us. :)

So get to phucking newb thread, check in and then I am sure people will be more friendly.

Consider it a right of passage or a shit storm is going to come your way.. LOL :)

·
Registered
49,435 Posts
I'd run a glide in that car. Tough to luanch with a t400 with so much gear ratio and a 300 shot on a healthy motor. Make sure you deal with a good converter builder. Not these flyby night bullshit artists. There a bunch of them out there. Good builders are Neal Chance and companies with a reputation for wining ! Don't go cheap there. It'll cost you fustration and time.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeah, you definately don't want to cheap out on the converter! Chance is good, but big money. I personally like FTI and PTC, great converters and reasonably priced!

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have a 98 camaro with a 408 trick flow heads pretty nice motor, full cage and a turbo 400 with brake. the car weighs 3300 lbs and is mostly a track car. i am thinking about putting a glide in the car what do you think. right now i have a ati converter that goes to 4600 on the brake. i have a 300 shot of nitrous on the car and the car 60 foots 1.37.
I would say the glide will be much better for you......i run a glide with a stock case and aftermarket bell housing but no STOCK internal parts.......all heavy duty shafts, clutchs etc....and i agree spend some money on a good converter i use a PTC. My turbo car runs 7's

·
Registered
83 Posts
Being a dumbass has nothing to do with it.. it;s called Forum etiquette... we all have gone there, you're not better than any of us. :)

So get to phucking newb thread, check in and then I am sure people will be more friendly.

Consider it a right of passage or a shit storm is going to come your way.. LOL :)
You guys are funny..........a guy asks a simple question and you jump on him lol......i didnt recall him saying he is better than any of us either....

·
Registered
70 Posts
do the glide i ran a glide at first and 60 - 1.34 no real tuning on the 150s went 6.14 1/8 easy, switched to a 400 went a 1.41 with the back tires and smacked a hole in the pan. glide is faster and easier to tame

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Glide! Works great with my 3375lb Nova. Get the good stuff as many have stated.

We are direct with Trans Specialties, good people and a stout transmission, let alone their converters. Lemme know if I can help.

Cheers -

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
lol at all of you.. he said he has an ATI converter... how come no one on this forum reads what the whole post says before responding to them??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for lot more info guys. the problem that i have been having is with the lauch of the car, the car is carrying the front wheels to far an high and this is what i thought would work is that the glide would be easier to control leaving. the reason i asked on this site is because i thought that the people on this site was more for racers than other sites. thanks

jydavis

·
Registered
834 Posts
thanks for lot more info guys. the problem that i have been having is with the lauch of the car, the car is carrying the front wheels to far an high and this is what i thought would work is that the glide would be easier to control leaving. the reason i asked on this site is because i thought that the people on this site was more for racers than other sites. thanks

jydavis
I thought the same thing, but my car left just as nasty with the glide, didn't really tame it down, still had bumper dragging issues, you are going to have go strap it down to keep it down.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think I should have went glide in the first place. I just got off the phone with Broz discussing this exact thing. I might have a TH400 and Neal Chance converter for sale soon :smt115

1 - 19 of 19 Posts