Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure, but I could swear I was launching in 2nd gear tonight. 60' times were down from 1.267 to 1.393.
Trap speeds were actually up 3 mph (leaned motor out a little).

But I could swear I never felt the 1-2 shift.

Is that possible? Or would I have been even slower with a high gear launch?

2700 pounds with me in the car. 5,000 RPM stall. 555 BBC, alcohol injected.

If I actually launched in 2nd, what's the adjustment to make sure I'm engaging 1st?

Sorry this is such a stupid question, but I'm new to Powerglides, and really need the help.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't think that you launched in high gear. I think that there would have been more of a difference in your sixty foot times. Are you running a converter that has a sprag or a diode? What kind of combo is it?

Tony Akins
Morace Motorsports
(251)-971-1556

·
Registered
969 Posts
If you were launching off the transbrake, then you were in low gear. The transbrake will only apply in low gear. There are some people that make high gear transbrakes, but I'm sure you would already know if you had one of those.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well - That's gotta be right.

I did raise my rear ride heighth about 2/3rds an inch. That would have changed the instant center. That was probably the wrong direction to go, but a .10 change seemed like a lot more than I would have expected.

I actually trapped better than I have before, so I don't think coverter/trans slippage should really be the issue.

I'll just backup on my chassis adjustment and see what happens next week. I probably should have left ride height alone, or even lowered the rear another .1 inches.

I guess that's why they call it "Test & Tune" night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts