Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure, but I could swear I was launching in 2nd gear tonight. 60' times were down from 1.267 to 1.393.
Trap speeds were actually up 3 mph (leaned motor out a little).

But I could swear I never felt the 1-2 shift.

Is that possible? Or would I have been even slower with a high gear launch?

2700 pounds with me in the car. 5,000 RPM stall. 555 BBC, alcohol injected.

If I actually launched in 2nd, what's the adjustment to make sure I'm engaging 1st?

Sorry this is such a stupid question, but I'm new to Powerglides, and really need the help.

Thanks all.

· Registered
662 Posts
I don't think that you launched in high gear. I think that there would have been more of a difference in your sixty foot times. Are you running a converter that has a sprag or a diode? What kind of combo is it?

Tony Akins
Morace Motorsports
(251)-971-1556

· Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well - That's gotta be right.

I did raise my rear ride heighth about 2/3rds an inch. That would have changed the instant center. That was probably the wrong direction to go, but a .10 change seemed like a lot more than I would have expected.

I actually trapped better than I have before, so I don't think coverter/trans slippage should really be the issue.

I'll just backup on my chassis adjustment and see what happens next week. I probably should have left ride height alone, or even lowered the rear another .1 inches.

I guess that's why they call it "Test & Tune" night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.