Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a jw case mated to a big block Ford with a chance bolt together converter and in some initial testing of the car I noticed the wheels creep forward while on the transbrake. I checked the linkage and it's perfect. I checked line pressure at the servo and get 195 psi in 1st and 2nd and when I engage the transbrake pressure drops to 50psi. Car goes into reverse on the button but takes it a few seconds. I'm sure it's from the low pressure. My question is what else should I check and what could my problem be? It's a band new case with new clutches and band. Not sure what brand valve body or transbrake solenoid. I'm a total newb when it comes to automatic transmissions and my first glide with a brake. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the tranny was bought by my old boss for a project car that evolved into a twin turbo big block Chevy with a lenco before the glide ever came out of the box. I had it gone through by a local shop that races and builds glides for their 8 second mustang. We swapped out the 1.82 gear set for a 1.76 and also put in a steel clutch hub. Any ideas where my could be leaking? Could a weak transbrake solenoid cause this?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Some one forgot to plug the hole or use a block off plate on the back of the case is my guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would somebody have a picture of the area I need to look for a plug? The JW catalog says the governor area is removed on the ultra case, does it still need a governor plate or is there a different plate?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Would somebody have a picture of the area I need to look for a plug? The JW catalog says the governor area is removed on the ultra case, does it still need a governor plate or is there a different plate?
I read/did not comprehend your first post correctly. .... I thought it was a JW bellhousing on a stock case, not a JW case.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Reverse leak. This can be confirmed with a pressure test at the rear port.

Then take the tail housing off and observe while you apply shop air to that same test port. you should be able to have a good idea where to look after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts