Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is my best available option for putting a PG behind a new style HEMI?
I cant seem to find a bell housing for this application.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Im pretty sure I read somewhere that the gen3 hemi shares the same trans bolt pattern as a small block, if that's true, you should be in business. Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. So a small block 904 would bolt-up also then?
I read somwhere that you needed an adaptor or spacer for a 727

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I've got a Turbo400 behind an SRT8 Hemi & I'm using a JW Ultrabell & Flywheel. As already mentioned, Gen 3 Hemi's use the Small Block Mopar bolt pattern for the bell housing.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I've got a Turbo400 behind an SRT8 Hemi & I'm using a JW Ultrabell & Flywheel. As already mentioned, Gen 3 Hemi's use the Small Block Mopar bolt pattern for the bell housing.
I know this is old, but what did you do for a converter?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Perfect. No pilot spacer or anything goofy like the ls/th400 combos?

·
Registered
551 Posts
The starter on gen3 is on passenger side. LA engines are a different starter and on drivers side. Reid bellhousing have both starter pockets.

Dragpak challengers have Reid bells from Mopar

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Somebody makes them...

·
Registered
52 Posts
The starter on gen3 is on passenger side. LA engines are a different starter and on drivers side. Reid bellhousing have both starter pockets.

Dragpak challengers have Reid bells from Mopar
Actually the starter on the Gen III can be on either side.. in fullsize trucks it is on the driverside of the engine , in Durangos it is on the passenger side . truck 45FRE/545RFE transmissions have both pockets..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I already built the car, raced the hell out of it and sold it! Went with a JW bell and flywheel for a power glide. Worked perfect. Ran [email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts