Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to jump in with my first post with such a question.
But here it is.
I took car to chassie dyno and first time and first run i was slow into the acelator and let off early. Made 505 hp, second run in 2nd gear till 2500 rpm then stomped it . Trans or converter slipped no power to trans, called and asked builder and they said common problem with auto trans and chassie dyno. The only think i could find out of order was shift cable had some slack at 2nd gear.
Could this had been the cause or is this nornal.
Thanks

Motor is 500ci bb mopar
And jw ultraglide

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Shifter adjustment is the #1 killer on the P/G. Make sure and double check this as it will cause issues if not rite. I wont say its your problem but if you know its not rite ya need to address it. Oh, and if you haven't yet ya better hit the newbi thread. These guys will rip ya a new one.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
No, it's not a common problem. The only issue I have with chassis dynos and auto transmissions is the numbers are not necessarily accurate. Case in point, all the 900 hp ricers running around on the street. Unless you have a lockup converter the numbers will not be totally accurate. It may be beneficial from a testing standpoint to some degree though to see what you gain/lose with changes. I second checking the shifter adjustment. And fuck the newb thread... who cares. Only those with issues and fuck 'em.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Depending on the quality of the converter you may have laid the fins over. It can be issue with inexpensive converters at times. Dynos load the converters much harder and in a different way than making a pass at the track. My converter guy explained it in detail to me, but it was a long time ago. I dyno'ed my motor then did the rest of the "dyno" work at the track. I am blessed to have a group of very talented friends to help me out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you All for the quick replys and info, i agree with the import cars dyno hp ratings, a 2.5 litre turbo making 650 hp but yet car only runs high 11's
In a 2500#, i wnted to run the chassie on dyno to see if there were any problems since it is a new build, everything went well other than above problem.
I hope to go to track and see what it will run hoping for mid 8's...

·
Super Moderator
19,473 Posts
Use the dyno to get you a baseline then go to the track. I have seen a lot of guys making changes that were not necessary after a "dyno session".

Hutch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts