Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i have a newly rebuilt glide,has pretty much all the good stuff in it,running a outlaw 10.5 car ,best et is 4.80 with a neal chance converter,my problem is after having the glide freshened up, running a few races with it,all of a sudden when i get on the transbrake,it pushes through the lights,seems like it may be trying to hold a touch but goes right through,most of the time it wont do it the first coulple of passes,as soon as i go first round,it does it,tells me it maybe heat related maybe?or the tci transbrake going out,when i hit the transbrake the solinoid sounds off hard,voltage is good to it running 2 16 volt batteries,last year i was fighting transbrake problems till i replaced the transmission specialties probrake with my current tci,looks to be doing the same thing,trannie guy says he may have the reverse clutches to tight,ive been footbraking with nos for the last month 1/2 because ive been going out 1st round to much slower cars the last three races because of pushing through and not wanting to mess with it,HUTCH! what do you think,thanks steve :cry:

·
Super Moderator
19,355 Posts
If the reverse clutch clearance is too tight it won't affect the brake setup but will just drag all the way down the track.
If that valve body has an aluminum spool valve it may just be fit too tight in the valve body bore and when the trans heats up the valve sticks . Have your trans guy check it out and give the spool valve bore a nice hone job. Check voltage at the solenoid also just to make sure you don't have a problem somewhere in the transbrake switch or wiring through your nitrous relay to the brake solenoid.

Let me know how you make out ,Hutch

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glide

thanks for the info hutch,sounds like this may be the problem.steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts