Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off,really like to say thanks to Hutch and the guys that helped me a few weeks ago with my T400 questions on the direct drum and checkball ??
It is all running sweet,made just on 400RWHP with a 383 SB..

I'm into a Powerglide now .Have done a few repairs before on them so have some experience..

1. The one i've got to build when i tore it down ,it is a V8 core but has a 1.82 pressed steel gearset... From my investigations this is junk.
I will upgrade the gearset/output shaft to 1.76
Trans is to see street/strip action and a Trans brake

2. I will be upgrading from the stock input shaft to a Turbo spline aftermarket .
The stator support to me looks like it has been replaced at some stage and is machined out ,maybe ready to take a bush. The powerglides i've done so far have all had the turbo input shaft so i'm not sure what a stock stator tube looks like .
Here is a pic ,can anyone confirm if a bush goes right in here or whether it needs to machined ,if so what size and the bush i take it is a Turbo 400 bush???

Thank you....

·
Registered
226 Posts
The tube is made by sonnax and is ready for a bush to be fitted .You just need a standard bush from a turbo 400. If you still have to get a converter made get that built with the bush and leave the one in the stator tube out as that will give you more oil flow .

·
from across the pond...
6,949 Posts
The tube is made by sonnax and is ready for a bush to be fitted .You just need a standard bush from a turbo 400. If you still have to get a converter made get that built with the bush and leave the one in the stator tube out as that will give you more oil flow .
x2

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoping someone can help. What is my best way to upgrade to a 1.76 gearset? Is there like a TCI kit or B+M or ??? to get rid of the small 1.82 gearset. I was looking at the TCI 747404 kit on Summit but not sure it has everything i'll need to swap over ..Thanks .

·
from across the pond...
6,949 Posts
as long as it's not an early coarse spline 1.82 you'll need a complete gear set with output shaft(and a sun gear washer if there isn't one with the gear set),a reverse annulus and a sun gear with high drum plate.
There must be an aussie company that would have a stock gearset.If not an aftermarket 1.80 set would work well.I do know that there's a company in Aus making the gears/output shaft so someone there must sell them....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts