Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help, i think i screwed up. run a big block ford dirt drag truck that only uses 1st gear. i pulled the high gear clutches out of 2nd and blocked the 2nd gear feed in the top of the case. has 1st and rev. but when i went to launch of the trans brake...nothing just neutrals. did i take out 2nd incorrectly. does it have to exist for t.b. usage? removed clutches and piston from high gear drum...empty drum. appreciate any help.

·
Super Moderator
19,581 Posts
You did nothing wrong. It sounds like you may have a trans problem now though. Maybe when you blocked the case, you left a high spot and created a leak where the vb seals to the case?

Hutch

·
Registered
226 Posts
You did nothing wrong. It sounds like you may have a trans problem now though. Maybe when you blocked the case, you left a high spot and created a leak where the vb seals to the case?

Hutch
Sorry for the thread Hijack , But we run a similar set in a tractor pull with no second gear clutches aswell but I didn't block of the second gear feed and trans works fine . Question is should I block of the case aswell.
Thanks Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks hutch i'll recheck. was a nasty planetary destruction, i'll check that and recheck v.b. for possible left over debris.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts