Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a car with a holley ultra hp 950 gas on it. it has a symptom where rpms near 4500 and up are ok until the secondaries open. then it gets a lean surge. as long as i stay off the secondary it runs fine.

i found one of the power valve feed restrictors in the rear metering block was undrilled! the others were all 54. so i drilled the thing to 54 like the rest. figured that would fix it right? nope.:confused:

so i go up on the main jet. no help. and the plug reads dead lean. checked the fuel supply-ok. go up on the jet again. now we are at 88 f+r with power valves. stock = 78's. engine is a street 496 bbc with a modest cam.

would it be crazy to just leave the pvfr's out of the rear? since the car only seems to hate the secondaries? i have had the carb off and apart a few times now and there is not a blocked passage to be found. i did find alot of brass chips when i first opened it up. looked like left overs from making the thing.

anybody else run into this? any other ideas?

·
Registered
33,118 Posts
If that 950 has the 1.375" venturi, try it with the jets at 72 in the primary with a power valve, and 82 in the secondary with the power valve plugged. If it is surging kind of mushy like, it is too rich. The jetting you describe is very rich on a 1.375" venturi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts