Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a HP830 (80509 2). This thing has TWO power valves in it, front and back. I currently have an HP750 street carb on my car now with the power valves block offs.

The 830 came off of a pretty fast luv truck running well into the 5's with a 13:1 383 chevy motor. So I was thinking there must be something to this dual power valve thing.

Does anyone here run a setup like this?

My current setup is a 10:1 383w, mostly a street/strip car.....looking to run 6.20-30's on the bottle and I am just wondering about this power vavle thing and if I should give it a try tuning it with the PV's?

TIA !!

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Not trying to sound like a smart ass here, but you just got a new carb, designed to be a race carb, how about giving it a try, before you consider changing the whole calibration, by blocking the power valves. The valves allow the carb to have a much cleaner idle and midrange circuit, since the valves only open in low vacumn situations, which allows for a smaller main jet.

All the newer Holley race carbs have power valves and a lot of R&D has gone into the fuel curves, so give it a try.

Monte

·
Registered
480 Posts
Why race with a rear power valve? , they can get uncovered on launch which wii lean the motor out , i use a front PV with the rear plugged as i drive it to the track.

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
my 830 is just like this 71 in front 69 in the back and 6.5 P valves on both ends. been like this a few years . seems to work fine,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts