Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks like they're more than halfway to the goal. Hope Mr. Marlatt gets home soon.
Yes, the fund took a good jump yesterday from $8300 to $11,410 so it's still moving. I'd like to think a good part of that jump was contributions from YB meaning this site still ain't dead yet! ;)

Thanks to all that contributed and I'll keep bumping this thread with updates.

·
Registered
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Do you Use Google Pay So it will be easy for me to pay
No, I never even heard of Google Pay until now. Let me check with the wife Enid later and see if she perhaps has it.

Regardless, thanks for offering.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Update posted yesterday;

Yesterday by Craig Marlatt, Organizer
First off we want to thank all of you who have contributed your prayers and finances to help bring Larry home.

He has now been in the hospital in Kalamazoo for just over 6 weeks and two days ago he was moved to a rehab center in Battle Creek. What began as 6 broken ribs and a punctured lung has now graduated to needing a tracheotomy, a permanent dialysis port, elevated blood pressure, tubes galore to feed and medicate him. Thankfully he is off all sedation and today he received a device so he can now talk through the trache. That is a big blessing.

He is also off the ventilator now and the rehab goal is to get him standing and walking on his own. So far we have not been able to find a rehabilitation center that will take him in transfer back here in Florida. Please agree with us in prayer for this to happen. We are working on several options and hope to have him home in a couple weeks.

Please pray for Larry's wife Enid who has been by his side day and night throughout the entire time. Enid is going to send me an updated picture tomorrow and I will post it on the GoFundMe Page.
Thank you all so much and God bless you.
Craig Marlatt

·
Registered
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Update posted yesterday;

Yesterday by Craig Marlatt, Organizer
First off we want to thank all of you who have contributed your prayers and finances to help bring Larry home.

He has now been in the hospital in Kalamazoo for just over 6 weeks and two days ago he was moved to a rehab center in Battle Creek. What began as 6 broken ribs and a punctured lung has now graduated to needing a tracheotomy, a permanent dialysis port, elevated blood pressure, tubes galore to feed and medicate him. Thankfully he is off all sedation and today he received a device so he can now talk through the trache. That is a big blessing.

He is also off the ventilator now and the rehab goal is to get him standing and walking on his own. So far we have not been able to find a rehabilitation center that will take him in transfer back here in Florida. Please agree with us in prayer for this to happen. We are working on several options and hope to have him home in a couple weeks.

Please pray for Larry's wife Enid who has been by his side day and night throughout the entire time. Enid is going to send me an updated picture tomorrow and I will post it on the GoFundMe Page.
Thank you all so much and God bless you.
Craig Marlatt
Thanks for posting the update. With the time difference here overseas I'm usually either ahead or behind current events.

Their goal is $20,000 and right now the total is $18,005 so we're still short though it's good to see all of the generous contributions.

Here's a funny story about Larry/Enid. They have a relatively small house and until just a few years ago I'd walk in his front door and just off to the side he had a Harley Davidson motorcycle parked in the room. Enid is the kind of wife that never said a word about it and still laughs about having to clean around it.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Glad to hear he's out of the hospital. I'm sure not having all those tubes hooked up to him will help his mental state...

·
Registered
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Glad to hear he's out of the hospital. I'm sure not having all those tubes hooked up to him will help his mental state...
He's not out of the hospital. He just has less tubes hooked up to him right now and can spend time off the ventilator.

·
Registered
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks again everyone. We're slowly creeping towards the goal. $18,230 is the current amount towards the $20,000 goal.

Reactions: Racergirl731

·
Registered
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Sorry, I thought he was out. The last update said rehab center.
No problem. I think the center was mentioned. What Enid his wife is trying to do is get him into one in the Orlando area when he is ready. Right now they have no available slots in any facility he would need and aren't taking anyone.

·
Registered
Gixxer 450 Triple race bike
781 Posts
The latest update I got from Enid is he is finally completely off the ventilator.
Fantastic news!!! Keeping him and Enid in my prayers!!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts