Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local racer by the name of Chris Diehlman and his Fiance have encountered issues in their 30th week. Her blood pressure will not stay down and they are more than likely going to have to induce. They have just been transferred to Shands up at UF. Medical Bills are mounting, his car's for sale. And of course they are both off work for their 3rd day now. From good thoughts and prayers to anything you can donate, they are thankful for ANYTHING. SOrry to have to come to you guys like this.

http://www.gofundme.com/czzbr4

To give you an idea, this is how they did their baby reveal

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=695348103844235&set=vb.100001071541120&type=3&theater

·
Registered
14 Posts
My daughter was born at 30 weeks. She was in the NICU for 6 weeks. Just brought her home 3 weeks ago. Its a hard thing to go through but you just need to understand the baby is getting the best care possible. Those NICU doctors and nurses didnt stumble upon their job. They do it because they love it and will take care of the child like its theyre own. Half of the nurses cried the day we took her home because they became attached. I know they are probably terrified right now but everything will be fine. The hardest part is having to go home without the baby. My wife drove to the hospital 3 times a day to see her, and I went every day after work. Its one of those things where at the time it feels like time stops, but before you know it youre walking out the door with your child. I could ramble on for hours, so many emotions, but just tell them that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel and everything WILL be fine. Medicine has come a long way, 30 weeks is not too bad, everything will be fine. Just takes time.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My daughter was born at 30 weeks. She was in the NICU for 6 weeks. Just brought her home 3 weeks ago. Its a hard thing to go through but you just need to understand the baby is getting the best care possible. Those NICU doctors and nurses didnt stumble upon their job. They do it because they love it and will take care of the child like its theyre own. Half of the nurses cried the day we took her home because they became attached. I know they are probably terrified right now but everything will be fine. The hardest part is having to go home without the baby. My wife drove to the hospital 3 times a day to see her, and I went every day after work. Its one of those things where at the time it feels like time stops, but before you know it youre walking out the door with your child. I could ramble on for hours, so many emotions, but just tell them that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel and everything WILL be fine. Medicine has come a long way, 30 weeks is not too bad, everything will be fine. Just takes time.
If you could do me the biggest favor, and send him that in a message. He really needs to hear that right now. https://www.facebook.com/chris.diehlman?fref=ts

·
Registered
478 Posts
It's tough, my girl was born at 28 weeks, after the wife was in the neonatal intensive care unit for 6 weeks before until then. My girl spent a total of almost 12 weeks between IU, Riley and then St. Francis to finally come home on her due date. She just turned two and although she is still small, she is doing awesome! Those nurses are amazing and will take care of your child like it is theirs. Do the best you can, it's a rough road but I wouldn't trade her for anything !

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
That's the same thing my wife had its called Pre-eclampsia, my daughter was born at 29 weeks and spent 11 weeks in the NICU! There are some amazing doctors and nurses in the NICU!!! My wife actually collects money and goes and buys gift cards to food places along with a small blanket her mom makes and brings them to the hospital around Christmas time to help the needy family's! I will donate some cash and pm an address so I get a blanket to them!

·
King of all Assclowns
11,308 Posts
X2 one of my best buddies wives was induced at 32 weeks I believe, also due to preeclampsia as well. His daughter is now growing like a weed and is perfectly healthy.

I am not a father yet, but can't imagine how scary that must be. But as stated above, modern medicine is a wonderful thing, and the doctors will take care of his son.

·
Registered
17 Posts
im chris diehlman. it really gives a warm feeling inside to see what mike has done and so many others have said. words are so powerful and kind ones are becoming a thing of the past. heather is next to me now and I read her most of this and u can tell it helps a little. ill keep up on her and fb as much as I can right now. were just watching dukes of hazard. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im chris diehlman. it really gives a warm feeling inside to see what mike has done and so many others have said. words are so powerful and kind ones are becoming a thing of the past. heather is next to me now and I read her most of this and u can tell it helps a little. ill keep up on her and fb as much as I can right now. were just watching dukes of hazard. thanks guys
Chris, pm that guy your address..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts