Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.stbaldricks.org/participants/destinyleilani

A little girl with a big heart!!

Spread the word!!!!! Leilani, my 8 year old daughter, has taken it upon herself to support kids' cancer research by raising money and shaving her head through the St. Baldrick's Foundation. Yes! Going bald at 8 years old!! I am sure you have seen this little angel around the race tracks, and hopefully she will be a junior dragster within the next year - so you will be seeing more of her.
Here is her message:

"I'm so excited to have my head shaved for the first time! I hope that I can raise enough money to help cure cancer for children out there like me! It makes me sad to see how sick some of these children are and to know that some of them even die from cancer. I am honored, as an 8-year old girl shavee to show how much I care!! -Leilani

You heard it right - I'm shaving my head in solidarity with children who have cancer and typically lose their hair during treatment, while raising critical funds for childhood cancer research!

In the US, more children die of childhood cancer than any other disease. Please make a donation on my behalf to support childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

To make a donation, click on "Make A Donation" or donate by mail or phone.
Thank you so much for your support!" (All donations are tax deductible.)

She is welcoming as many donations as possible, as this cause really means a lot to her!! I admire her strength and courage, especially for being so young!!

HERE IS HER WEBSITE TO GET THE EVENT INFO & TO DONATE:
www.stbaldricks.org/participants/destinyleilani

or you can visit the home page www.stbaldricks.org and search for a Shavee by first name "Destiny Leilani" or by her member number which is 420807.

We appreciate all of your support!!! And one last thing, feel free to send her emails of encouragement to [email protected], which can also be done through her website. (This is being monitored by an adult.) She loves all of the support she is receiving!!

Thank you all!!! :cool:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Great job!

I am also getting shaved, gonna be my third year. :) It is a great cause and the events are alot of fun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awesome. I will show her your website... She loves this cause!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks national we need more people like you to give for this cause!!!! She is hard at it trying to raise as much as she can!!!! Thanks again!!

·
vittu sinua
16,147 Posts
good for her!
my best friend's mom has cancer and i tried real hard to shave my head, but couldn't.
done it once, not doing it again.
i admire her strength.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are soooo awesome!!! I can't wait to show her tonight!! Thank you guys so much for the support!!

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
good for her!
my best friend's mom has cancer and i tried real hard to shave my head, but couldn't.
done it once, not doing it again.
i admire her strength.
Your a cancer survivor that is more strength then anything
,,,,then I know

1 - 17 of 17 Posts