Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a inverter to put in my truck to power a flat screen tv and computer. I think a 1000w pure sine would do. Whats the opinion of everybody on size and make.
Thanks Rick

·
Registered
575 Posts
I use a 1000/2000w peak to run lights and whatnot in my garage. Cheap chicago electric one from harbor freight, 90 day warranty with option for 3 year I think.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,649 Posts
I GOT ONE IN THE RIG....TV...FRIG....ELECTRIC PROPANE HEATER.....MICROWAVE.....PHUCKING THING IS AS BIG AS A SMALL BED....

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
I talked to a bunch of guys at car shows and a lot of them run and suggested Cobra inverters, I bought two of the cpi 875's, now they have been replaced with the 880, plenty of power, 800w with 1600w surge, plenty to run a couple tv's, xbox, and a computer. I have one still new in the case I'd let go pm me if interested

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
i use a Chicago electric 800/1400 surge watt one for random shit..used it to power the lights for an enclosed trailer along with my laptop....in my garage when the power went out it powered a 19 inch tv, a halogen light,a fan, and 2 florescent lights and a drill and it didnt skip a beat.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have a 1000 watt at work that is badass. I think the key for a good inverter is the battery system it is hooked to. I have 3 hooked together on my truck

·
Sophomore Member
1,976 Posts
I have a 1000 watt at work that is badass. I think the key for a good inverter is the battery system it is hooked to. I have 3 hooked together on my truck
Agreed.
Strong deep cycle batteries are the key.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
your going to spend some coin for a pure sine wave but it is a far better inverter. we run inverters in our trucks. i have ran sawzall's off my old 750 with no noticeable performance loss. just make sure you run a suitable size breaker and cable.

^^this^^.

pure sine wave will cost more, but your electronics will love you for it.
saws and refrigerators ...modified sine wave will be fine.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More concerned with the computer, flat screen and a sleep apnea machine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a 3500 in my truck, runs the computer fine while the air compressor is running as well as charging the phone. Not a single hick up one. I have an identical one brand new for sale.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
My truck came equipped with one incluced with the Thermoking apu unit. Its 1800w continuous, 2400 what surge. GFCI plug and display that tells you how much wattage yer pulling and with the touch of the menu button it will tell you the voltage level of the batteries its hooked to. Has an adjustable low voltage cutoff too if you leave something on. My system senses low voltage and starts the generator and charges everything up before the cutoff kicks. Internal cooling fan also.

Right now i run a 2.5 cu/ft fridge, 700 watt microwave, cpap machine, and cell charger off it. It can take all 4 at the same time and never skip a beat.

If i ever get stupid and buy another semi of my own, Ill buy this inverter even if i dont have the APU

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I got a 750 watt inverter in my rig. Powers my mini fridge, tv & dvd player, lights. Can't tell any difference from my old honda eu 1000 over the inverter. Pure sine wave is top dollar though. You could possibly pick up a used one from a camper salvage place. Some newer campers have pure sine wave inverters. Try rivertown rv/ auto salvage in Lagrange, Ky. They deal with 06 and up wrecked campers.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
It says ThermoKing on it. Cant see a model number given where its mounted. Ill dig through the paperwork and see if its got anything specific about it there. Buddy of mine is a tech for TK so ill ask him if i cant find it myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts