Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running fast efi so crank trigger goes to ecu then points wire to grid. Ive been told run white wire to mag + for this to work. Question is will I still have 2 step controlled with power grid? I have read about harsh 2 step with boxes that use chips. Im using the older 8 box that doesnt have any features.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke with msd today guy kept puting me on hold. He said I had to run legacy cable into a engine saver in order to have 2 step conttolled by grid. Is there another way to control 2 step? Do they make a 2 step with a dial I can mount to control at start line. Lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
I run efi, grid, and msd 8. Points wire from efi to points wire in grid, yellow cable from grid to msd 8 plugged into chip 2 and it worked perfect....

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I spoke with msd today guy kept puting me on hold. He said I had to run legacy cable into a engine saver in order to have 2 step conttolled by grid. Is there another way to control 2 step? Do they make a 2 step with a dial I can mount to control at start line. Lol
You need to run the 8973 like I posted above then you can use the legacy cable.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
that's right...the older 8's did not have an internal rev-limter ..
so, you either have to use a engine saver or modify a 8738 rev-limiter .

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts