Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the grid piggybacked with my basic digital 7. I'm getting everything set up, regarding the timing retards, instructions say that there's a total of 30 deg. of timing retard. I called MSD to ask what you can get with just 1 "step" set up, I thought 6, there's 5 step wires, so 5x6 is 30...MSD said 20 deg. from one "step" and 10 deg. from "step" 2...So does that mean a single step, no matter which one, is good for 20 deg.?? Also I had another MSD tech guy tell me that all my rev limits would be handled thru the dig. 7...What????Why??? I was having lap top issues, so I'll be connecting a different one Fri to set up some parameters... Can ya just tie all the "steps" together and have up to 30 deg. retard there for whatever?? Not sure if this is a good idea, my motor is a nitrous motor, 2 stages, and not sure how much timing to pull, just don't wanna make a mistake...
Thanks, Gary G.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the grid piggybacked with my basic digital 7. I'm getting everything set up, regarding the timing retards, instructions say that there's a total of 30 deg. of timing retard. I called MSD to ask what you can get with just 1 "step" set up, I thought 6, there's 5 step wires, so 5x6 is 30...MSD said 20 deg. from one "step" and 10 deg. from "step" 2...So does that mean a single step, no matter which one, is good for 20 deg.?? Also I had another MSD tech guy tell me that all my rev limits would be handled thru the dig. 7...What????Why??? I was having lap top issues, so I'll be connecting a different one Fri to set up some parameters... Can ya just tie all the "steps" together and have up to 30 deg. retard there for whatever?? Not sure if this is a good idea, my motor is a nitrous motor, 2 stages, and not sure how much timing to pull, just don't wanna make a mistake...
Thanks, Gary G.
There's people getting away with running the rev-limiter from the power grid through the white wire by leaving the rev-limiter setting as "NETWORK." One word of caution though is make sure the rev-limiter on the dig 7 is set way high so the two aren't trying to fight each other and make the engine act stupid on the limiter.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Each step is capable of 20* max. The powergrid will cap out at 30* max, which if the retard was past that by using retard in the digital 7 and the powergrid: You'd run into rotor phasing problems at that point. There's 5 stage retards, but I would only recommend using two to get to 30* (if that's what you want to do). It's easier to troubleshoot when it doesn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts