Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was talkin to a friend bout gettin some headers sent off to jet hot to be coated. and he asked would power coatin them work the same? i didnt know what to tell him. it seem like it would work and hold up to the temp. so what do the fine people of YB think?

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
I dont believe you can P/C them because of the temp. Get with Bill(71Monte) on here he knows the deal & has all the answers.:cool: I myself have NEVER seen a set of Headers Powdercoated.....

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I just had mine done with 2000 degree from tech line. They look sweet.

Tim

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hey bluebird, get with the dude on 502 that is doing the ceramic locally. Price seems right and it looks good!

·
Registered
256 Posts
ceramic coat is what you want. i had a set done for $250.00 . have them on my race car for a year and still look good.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Don't send them to jet hot, I hear nothing but bad things about them. Bill (71Monte) at QC is the man, or maybe Nitroplate if you wanna stay closer to home. I used QC Coatings for mine, and they powder coated an intake for me. The customer service is great and the parts turned out nice.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had a local friend near me ceramic powder coat my Kook's headers....look great so far with a few heat cycles on them.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I had bad luck with Jet Hot too, and they would'nt warranty them either, cause I lost my receipt (my bad, I know), but they had me up on the screen in front of them, and agreed, "yup we see you just bought them 6 months ago, but no receipt, no service!"

·
Registered
250 Posts
They make a high temp powder coating (which is different than normal powder coatings) but with the extreme conditions temp wise that headers go through it won't hold up for very long.

For any Exhaust peices ceramic coatings are definately the only way to go !!

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,399 Posts
Say no to Jet-Hot... If you want to see what a new set of headers looks like after 3 years on a racetrack only drag car then i'll post them later. I've had BBQ paint last longer and look better then Jet-Hot. I'm going to pay extra to have NitroPlate redo my headers then give JET-Hot another penny.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts