Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at possibly making the leap from N/A set-up to possibly a Turbo set-up. The N/A heads up local shit has dryed up, and I dont want to go back to bracket racing. I have only ever messed with N/A shit and am looking at un-chartered territory. In a nut shell, I don't know dick about wastegates, blow off valves, ratio's, ect...................... Where can I educate myself about Turbo's from the very basic's on up.

Chris U will be doing the build. I have most of the parts to make the transition from large N/A SBF to a large SBF single Turbo or SC deal.
Dart IE 9.5 LSM machined Block, Crower Billet 4.0 Crank,
Ultra Pro SC-1 10 Degree Heads with Jesel Valvetrain, and
New Edelbrock 2868 SC1 Intake.

I could also use some help with transmissions, converters ect as every ride I have ever owned has always had 3 pedals and a clutch.

Thanks for all the help guy's

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be the smartest guy in NA racing Andy;)
I don't know about being very smart Jeff......................If i was very smart I would sell everything and put a deposit down on some lake front property for my retirement :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Go TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My suggest is just get with Don Bailey. Don't waist any unnecessary time or money.

Do it right the first time.

If you need his number PM me.

-Mikie

·
Registered
4,090 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, thanks for the replys and offers of help I have received. My Coupe is currently set-up for stock suspension and will have to get a full suspension upgrade as well as 25.2 upgrade. I have thought about staying stock supension with the better pieces as there are stock suspension races everywhere around our neck of the woods. I believe a ladder bar car would work better, however some of the tracks automatically put you in the 10.5 W class category. I will check out the turbo website as well as some of the suggested reading material.

Thanks Again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.