Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
D/R 1879
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to know if powder coating a set of Magnum 2.0's would be ok. Would the heat from curing it screw the rim up? I see some people with black Magnum 2.0's and that is what I want to do.

I've never done this before and don't have the powdercoating gun to do so if you know anyone in the NYC/Long Island area who does this let me know. I'm also going to have them sent to Champion Beadlock to have a set of those put on.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
380 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, the powdercoating process utilizes temps in the 350-400 degree range. Call Holly at Weld Racing 800-669-9353 and ask her if the wheels can withstand this temp for 15-20 minutes while the powder is curing without comprimising the integrity of the aluminum.

Also, on a side note, those wheels have a very smooth and shiny surface on them. The powder will stick better if you have the aluminum etched with media, like soda blasting, or you can scuff them with a fine scotch brite pad for better adherence.

Marshall

·
D/R 1879
4,801 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Get them anodized. Will look 100 times better and doesn't add as much weight. Also the heating process is not as hot as needed with powder coating however neither will cause damage to the wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts