Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 place steel waverunner trailer that needs to be painted. It has rust spots and the paint is peeling. I am considering having it powdercoated over a repaint. My plan was to disassemble it and bring it in. Any ideas on what it would cost to have it Powder Coated? I am in Central Oakland County. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Jake

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
The better you clean it prior to them getting it, the cheaper it will be. But at the same time, it is a crappy job to do, and most of the time they have the proper tools to do it in half the time. So the price difference might not justify all the hard, dirty work.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The better you clean it prior to them getting it, the cheaper it will be. But at the same time, it is a crappy job to do, and most of the time they have the proper tools to do it in half the time. So the price difference might not justify all the hard, dirty work.
Exactly. Soda blasting is quick, and they usually don't charge that much.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Powdercoating isn't too expensive. Cheaper than paint and much more durable. If you want it to last a long time, take it apart and sand blast the pieces. Have the powdercoater put on a zinc rich powder, bake, and then apply then apply the color powder. It will last ten times longer than just powder.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wont really make any difference if any of the tubing is open ended. Cant powder inside a 16 foot square tube rail.

Get it galvanized or buy an aluminum one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts